House Democrats' bill: "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited..."

H.R.1296 is the House's "assault weapon" ban of this legislative session.
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... t?r=13&s=1

HOUSE DEMS FILE ‘ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN OF 2019’ AND THAT’S JUST FOR STARTERS
The bill, one of the most ambitious bans proposed in recent years, would bar the importation, production, or transfer of 205 firearms by name to include a myriad of semi-auto AR-15 and AK-47 variants. Going past that, any semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine and any “military-style feature” such as a barrel shroud, pistol grip or threaded barrel, would be caught in the net. Even semi-auto rifles with a fixed magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds would be covered by the new ban. Its title as introduced was “To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.”

A similar Senate bill, introduced by U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein in January, makes the same case in that chamber and includes a nationwide ban on adjustable stocks, Thordsen-style stocks such as used in “featureless rifles” marketed in states like California, “assault pistols” that weight more than 50 ounces when unloaded, and popular pistol stabilizing braces that have become widespread in recent years. It currently has 28 co-sponsors, none of whom are Republicans.

Both bans have been referred to their chamber’s respective judiciary committees. They are, however, just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to other new bills that have joined the growing stack of gun control measures introduced to the Democrat-controlled House since the 116th Congress was sworn in last month.

Re: House Democrats' bill: "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited

Dead in the water, a waste of time, and very ill-advised. There are way more pressing things for the House to pay attention to, such as domestic infrastructure and reforestation that should be paid for via a reduction in military spending while we pull home some troops from BFE.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Re: House Democrats' bill: "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited

Why don't these dorks just cut to the chase and repeal the Second Amendment? I mean, that's what they want.....they want to "infringe" and call it legal/Constitutional but it's not. So quit screwing around and repeal the 2A and knock yerself out.

Good luck with that...I'll wait while you do that. :rolleyes:

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

pablo wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02 am How about a bill to bring the deficit under control? I'd say that's a bit more important.
I agree. Raise the tax rate back up to pre-Reagan levels and decrease corporate welfare. Feed the hungry, house the homeless, and expand healthcare & free college.

But they will still want to ban guns.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

VodoundaVinci wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:06 am Why don't these dorks just cut to the chase and repeal the Second Amendment? I mean, that's what they want.....they want to "infringe" and call it legal/Constitutional but it's not. So quit screwing around and repeal the 2A and knock yerself out.

Good luck with that...I'll wait while you do that. :rolleyes:

VooDoo
They should do it. The whole country all at once. Just do it. Expect a response.

Exactly. Lets clear the air and get it sorted once and for all. If they repeal the Second Amendment (because they claim to have massively overwhelming popular support for taking all the guns) then it is clarified and we can move on. It would be removed as a Right and we can stop obsessing with it/devoting all this time and energy to chip, ship, chipping and cheat, cheat, cheating and *GET ON WITH IT!* and move along to important stuff like Healthcare and Global Climate Change and all that.

And if they don't/cant repeal it then we move along...it's settled. Tired of defending myself and my Rights against infringement over, and over, and over while nothing else gets done.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

featureless wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:10 pm
K9s wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:56 pm I am open for compromise. Free college and healthcare for banning 31+ round drums and mags. There. See? Reasonable. Nationalize the oil companies and mags can go to 10 rounds.
:) I'm willing to trade a national healthcare for everyone for 10 rounds. Oil needs to stay in the ground.
See? We are willing to compromise! Who needs the NRA?
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt