Re: In Virginia, and elsewhere, gun supporters prepare to defy new laws

Same problem for me....I'm pro life (abortion is murder) and a fiscal Conservative who feels that a great job and hard work is the best way to take care of business. I also believe that healthcare, education, and housing are fundamental human rights. I am pro gun and a Constitutionalist at heart. I feel that Representatives should be bound to their oaths of office under penalty of law - they swear and oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all comers and then draft and enact laws that are blatantly unconstitutional. This is perjury and breach of oath....drafters of laws that are blatantly against the Constitution are in breach of oath and should be tried and jailed and removed from office.

I firmly believe that America has enough wealth and resources to feed, house, clothe, educate, and medicate everyone but not if we let .01% of the population have and control 90% of the wealth and power.

Who do I vote for? Everyone is a compromise for me except Bernie Sanders. And even he pays lip service to wanting to disarm me.

VooDoo
Tyrants disarm the people they intend to oppress.

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

K9s wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 am No single big blue city "bullies" anyone. That is a right-wing myth we always hear here to rev up the rural voters. The fact that you *somehow* link it to the electoral college means you confuse Federal with State politics like a right-wing radio personality. Are you serious?

A collection of cities, suburbs, and exurbs might have enough voters to outvote rural areas (e.g. California) but no red state has red cities (does anyone?) and the blue cities themselves are not the enemy (except to Trumpian GOP).
I don't know how things are in GA, but you don't live in WA where a relatively small region dictates policy. There is a short corridor from Olympia to Seattle along I-5 comprising a narrow sliver of the state, that has over half the Senators. Because of this voting block, there's no need to negotiate because they can always outvote opponents, and so they bully. It isn't a conspiracy theory -- it's how it works in WA. Similar issues exist in OR and I wouldn't be surprised if other states have this problem.

WARNING from VCDL
2. Caution: sources are telling me that gun-controllers might try to provoke people at meetings

When attending these hearings, be aware that the gun controllers are extremely frustrated by the overwhelming success of the 2A Sanctuary movement. They might try to provoke you into some kind of confrontation, while secretly filming the interaction. Nothing dangerous, but they want to get video of gun owners yelling at them, etc.

DO NOT FALL FOR THE PROVOCATION! WE ARE WINNING - JUST LET THEM STEW!

A Virginia sheriff has vowed to deputize county residents if the new Democratic majority in the state legislature passes gun control measures. At a meeting last week in which the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors joined an ever-growing list of counties in Virginia by voting unanimously to declare themselves 'Second Amendment Sanctuary,' Sheriff Scott jenkins vowed to deputize scores of residents, if necessary, to push back on potential state-imposed gun restrictions.

"Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions. 'Red Flag' laws without due process will create enormous conflict as well," Sheriff Scott Jenkins wrote in a Facebook post.

"My office will always encourage and support our citizens in firearms training, concealed carry permits, and the ability to defend themselves and their families," he continued. "I remain very optimistic that our General Assembly will not pass the proposed bills. Obviously, if passed, there are many of us willing to challenge these laws through the courts. In addition, if necessary, I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms."

Culpeper County joined more than 30 other Virginia localities in the recent movement to become 'Second Amendment Sanctuaries,' in which counties, cities, or towns vote to adopt a resolution declaring their intent that public tax money in their jurisdiction not be used for any measures that violate the Second Amendment.

"Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions. “Red Flag” laws without due process will create enormous conflict as well.

America has more guns than citizens and murder has long been illegal. At best, the proposed gun restrictions will disarm or handicap our law-abiding in their defense and possibly cause a criminal to choose another tool for evil.

I’d like to thank our Board of Supervisors for their resolution of support of our citizen’s natural right to self defense as protected by our Constitutions. My office will always encourage and support our citizens in firearms training, concealed carry permits, and the ability to defend themselves and their families.

I remain very optimistic that our General Assembly will not pass the proposed bills. Obviously, if passed, there are many of us willing to challenge these laws through the courts. In addition, if necessary, I plan to properly screen and deputize thousands of our law-abiding citizens to protect their constitutional right to own firearms."

-Sheriff Scott Jenkins

“A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms.” (1788)

-Richard Henry Lee
https://www.whsv.com/content/news/Virgi ... 81991.htmlhttps://www.facebook.com/culpepersherif ... 4315592750
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

This 2A Sanctuary thing is gonna come to a head. It needs to be resolved. Having been involved in Illinois (my Brother sponsored/started 2A Sanctuary status in my county in Illinois) I'm telling you - this is not a joke. Virginia is the birthplace of America and it would not surprise me to see tension escalate exponentially.

Some of US will not comply. Take us to jail, confiscate our stuff at gunpoint if you will. But we cannot be disarmed and those who force illegal laws need to at least be conscious of retribution for turning law abiding, and in my case, model citizens into criminals. It's coming to a head here and there.

Hopefully everywhere.

VooDoo

I am sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

awshoot wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:21 pm
K9s wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:01 am No single big blue city "bullies" anyone. That is a right-wing myth we always hear here to rev up the rural voters. The fact that you *somehow* link it to the electoral college means you confuse Federal with State politics like a right-wing radio personality. Are you serious?

A collection of cities, suburbs, and exurbs might have enough voters to outvote rural areas (e.g. California) but no red state has red cities (does anyone?) and the blue cities themselves are not the enemy (except to Trumpian GOP).
I don't know how things are in GA, but you don't live in WA where a relatively small region dictates policy. There is a short corridor from Olympia to Seattle along I-5 comprising a narrow sliver of the state, that has over half the Senators. Because of this voting block, there's no need to negotiate because they can always outvote opponents, and so they bully. It isn't a conspiracy theory -- it's how it works in WA. Similar issues exist in OR and I wouldn't be surprised if other states have this problem.
A "region" is not a "city".
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

It's 11pm and people are still speaking at the Spotsylvania BOS meeting. Probably 600 people showed up. When the former navy seal turned politician started asking questions in a military fashion the crowd answered in a uniform way the military guys do, lots of military guys that crowd, certainly hundreds. Lots of combat veterans. I know some of them. They are all not happy, and not willing to submit to unconstitutional laws.
It's ridiculous the numbers of average working folks who are showing up to say that we the people will not comply. We the people are not being represented. I honestly don't know who the fuck wanted this. Democrats and republicans both are saying the people who won election did so because of money being poured on them from people from other states. And now they are threatening to pass laws as though they are not from this state.
If they had just left guns alone they would have done great. As it is, they might get people killed. Maybe lots and lots of people.
And after what I saw tonight, I strongly suspect republicans are now on the rise.

59 Virginia counties, towns and cities have declared themselves 2nd Amendment sanctuaries as of yesterday. Today there will be more.
Gov Ralph Northam is trying to assuage the rising outrage by announcing he's 'open' to grandfathering guns Virginians already own... VCDL predicted this move a couple of days ago and wrote up the following:

"So the next step for Saslaw will be to offer to "grandfather" existing gun owners, thinking that gun owners would be stupid enough, and selfish enough, to accept such a "compromise" in exchange for passing SB 16 or its ilk. Once passed into law, gun controllers hope that gun owners will go back to sleep so the gun-control agenda can keep moving forward without massive opposition.

Will VCDL accept such a "compromise?"

Oh, HELL no.

Who are WE to negotiate away the right of future generations to own AR-15s, or their equivalent, and magazines of whatever capacity they want?

Who are WE to give away the right of future generations to protect themselves from criminals or from a government that's gone tyrannical, just so we can selfishly have our guns and magazines now?

And who is stupid enough to think that the gun controllers won't be back, over and over again, to get those guns and magazines out of our hands anyway in the near future?

I don't know about you, but I don't trust a government that doesn't trust me to have guns.

Why, exactly, do they want to disarm us? I can tell you that it isn't for public safety. Violent crime has been dropping for years, while gun ownership has been soaring.

No, it's not about making us safe. It's about making government safe to do things in the future that an armed populace would never tolerate.

VCDL is not going to accept anything but the complete defeat of all gun bills that in anyway, shape, or form, affect law-abiding gun owners in a negative way. Bills that only affect criminals? On those we can talk.

Other than bills that only affect criminals, any gun control the Democrats pass, they will own. Any Republicans that help them, are going to own that gun control, too.

It matters not if the person voting to enslave us is a Democrat or a Republican.

LAW-ABIDING GUN OWNERS ARE FED UP WITH THEIR RIGHTS BEING RESTRICTED EVERY TIME SOME MISCREANT SHOOTS UP A GUN-FREE ZONE SOMEWHERE. OUR MESSAGE IS SIMPLE: NO MORE GUN CONTROL! GO AFTER CRIMINALS, FIX THE MENTAL-HEALTH SYSTEM, AND LEAVE US ALONE!"
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

It seems to me that registration is desirable for the patient anti-gunners who want to be able to seize as many as possible. Step 1 - you can keep them as long as you register them. Step 2 - we were going to take them anyway later on and now we know who you are.

And then there’s the issue of data breaches. I receive a notice about once a year that my data has been compromised at some company or government institution. How long before the registry is hacked and all that info made public? Or a law is passed that forces it into public?

Gaad Bless the folks in VA and I send my 2A Sanctuary County support from Illinois. I see this recent development as notice to politicians that we will elect them but they are to leave the 2A infringement and illegal/unconstitutional legislation at the door. We need to tell them that they do what *we* tell them - we do not do what *they* tell US. No right minded American could possibly allow himself to be disarmed or his/her Rights infringed upon with the current state of Politics and in this Social and Political environment.

It is high time to tell our "Representation" to cease and desist with drafting and enacting illegal, unconstitutional, laws. We aren't going to comply with them. We. Will. Not. Comply. Democrats, Republicans, Blacks or Whites, LGBTQ, Christians, Muslims, old folks and young folks are making the statement thru the 2A Sanctuary Movement that I hope goes national. We will not comply with illegal legislation. :beer2: :bow: :clap2: :thanks:

VooDoo

"Huge night for gun owners, 18 new sanctuaries, including in Prince William County, City of Chesapeake, and Spotsylvania County! There are now a total of 77 sanctuaries across Virginia. Tomorrow night is going to have another large number of localities considering resolutions!"-VCDL
In spite of having more subscribers in Virginia than Washington DC, Jeff Bezos' Washington Post doesn't seem to be interested in covering this.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

featureless wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:47 pm I find these front line reports very interesting. This Californian wishes you all the best on the efforts. CA won by a thousand cuts and no resistance was mounted (maybe the courts will save us?). We are slowly bleeding out. May you do better.
Dude, I have been horrified at how gun owners in other states have treated the gun owners in California as their rights were taken away by people who do not support them.

Tedzilla wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:16 am "Huge night for gun owners, 18 new sanctuaries, including in Prince William County, City of Chesapeake, and Spotsylvania County! There are now a total of 77 sanctuaries across Virginia. Tomorrow night is going to have another large number of localities considering resolutions!"-VCDL
In spite of having more subscribers in Virginia than Washington DC, Jeff Bezos' Washington Post doesn't seem to be interested in covering this.
It is my opinion we need to make our presence known in every possible way.
Abigale Spanberger was confronted by a speaker at a public town hall. We will have to force them to acknowledge who we are and what we want. The media is clearly trying to suppress our message.
There were 2 republican candidates at the Spotsylvania meeting I attended. A former SEAL and a former Army Special Forces. The Democrat party in Va has labeled itself the party of anti-2nd amendment. The republican party is on the rise as a result. We just wanted to be left alone.

77 Holy cow. The anti-2nd amendment people should stop.

Gov. Northam says localities could face ‘consequences’ if law enforcement officers don’t enforce gun laws
When asked by a reporter if local governments would face retaliation for declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries, Northam responded, "There's not going to be retaliation. That's not what I'm about. I'm about making Virginia safer."

Northam continued, "If we have constitutional laws on the books and law enforcement officers are not enforcing those laws on the books, then there are going to be consequences, but I'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it."

Northam did not offer specifics on what the potential consequences would be.
sbɐɯ ʎʇıɔɐdɐɔ pɹɐpuɐʇs ɟo ןןnɟ ǝɟɐs
ɯɯ6 bdd ɹǝɥʇןɐʍ
13ʞ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ 1ɐ4ɯ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- ɯoɔos0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
"ǝuıqɹɐɔ ʇuǝɯǝɔɹoɟuǝ ʍɐן sʇןoɔ" dɯɐʇsןןoɹ --- 0269ǝן ʇןoɔ
(béɟ) 59-pɯɐ

Northam may need to read this again:
Article I, § 13 of the Virginia Constitution states:

That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Judging by his comments after the election, I suspect the Mr. Northam has Trump Syndrome like many of our Politicians. He sees winning an election as the finale and his performance and adherence to his oath of office is long forgotten. His goal was to win so th he could assume power over US and reap the reward (money and power) of his conquest. He isn't wanting to serve and protect his constituency nor protect the Constitution so much as wield the power and get fucking rich(er) in the process.

He could care less about The Constitutions of the Sate of Virginia or the United States. He wants power and money and if that deprives millions of their Rights he could not care less, in my opinion. We have the same Democrats here in Illinois. Like RHINO's - they are DINO's. I am so proud of the people in Virginia who are turning out in droves to say Hell No and form 2A Sanctuary counties.

VooDoo

Here we have an example of why the 2nd Amendment exists--government using military (National Guard) to enforce laws that are, at a very minimum, contrary to the clear wording of the 2nd and Virginia's constitution.
'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... un-control

featureless wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:13 pm Here we have an example of why the 2nd Amendment exists--government using military (National Guard) to enforce laws that are, at a very minimum, contrary to the clear wording of the 2nd and Virginia's constitution.
'The law is the law': Virginia Democrats float prosecution, National Guard deployment if police don't enforce gun control
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... un-control
They are highly underestimating the resolve of the cops and population they are trying to rule. Both sides are saying this is going to get out of control.

featureless wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:40 pm Well, cops swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. The new Dem crew is threatening legal action, potentially use of force against them. It's a pretty fucked situation. I'm surprised at the lack of media coverage. This is some serious shit that could go catastrophically wrong. Here's hoping for a peaceful resolution.
Threaten the pensions of the LEOs, and they'll be more than happy to kill whoever fails to comply with the new firearm prohibition regime.