PMC X-tac 5.56: any good?

While I'm not enough of a shooter to justify match-grade prices, I also want to not use any (more) ammo like the Tul or Wolf poly-coated steel stuff I bought a couple years ago not knowing any better. I frequently see PMC X-Tac at what seem like good prices, but is it any good? How does it compare to other readily-available-to-me stuff like Herter's?
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: PMC X-tac 5.56: any good?

tonguengroover wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:27 pm My stock Ruger AR556 loves it. I bought 1k rounds of it
Thanks! My wife has a Ruger AR556, and it has been fine with everything it's been fed. My Stag (also stock) had some failure to eject events some time back on steel casings, and it turned out I needed to use the chamber brush with a bit more vigor, so I've sworn off steel casings, and wanted to restock with decent practice/SHTF rounds (I have what I hope will be a lifetime supply of M855, also bought without knowing much about what I was buying at surprisingly good prices late in 2020).

Seems like it's priced pretty well (the PMC), so I'll grab some.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.

Re: PMC X-tac 5.56: any good?

Fitty cent a round is good. Cheaper than Dirt is out of it. I've only seen it a penny cheaper and that was buying several hundred rounds. I never buy steel case stuff cus it's generally russian born and I don't want to feed the bear.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”