Re: Quest for ammo, places to look

I've looked at prices for supplies right now, and laughed, and mostly shoot the ACP cylinder. Bullets alone are absurd - over 0.30/bullet at my LGS. I still have boxes of .45 ACP that were cheaper when I bought them. I don't get out to shoot often. Casting lead is right out for exposure risks.

But I like the S&B, it's not stupidly out of line with current prices, and it's a bargain for factory JHPs in any caliber. Eventually someday if the market returns to normal and I ever get time yadda yadda - but in the meantime, I have enough in stock to function test a 92 if my willpower fails, and more than plenty for emergency purposes.

Actually, casting isn't the lead-exposure problem that some make it out to be. Elemental lead isn't that big of a deal. The real problem is primer dust from the fired primers (the lead styphnate molecule), and especially when handling tumbled brass. I wear one-time medicinal rubber gloves every time I reload, and it's primarily for that reason.

If you're already set up with either components or ammo, then you prepared, and good on you for doing so. That was a wise move, one which I hope many others will learn, and act on, as things gradually get back to normal (they will). I recall seeing .45 ACP FMJ at the Walmart for about 30 to 35 cents per round when they were still selling handgun rounds. Yep, reloadable Boxer/brass.
"SF Liberal With A Gun + Free Software Advocate"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/

tonguengroover wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:08 pm Cheaper than dirt has gobs of .380. Including my favorite Win FMJFN
'Some' wince at CTD being mentioned but they along with lots of other online places, have a ton of ammo on hand, and not expensive. AND with omicron EXPLODING, I'll buy on line for now..and not have to wander around the 'mask-holes' at the local Bass Pro, Cabelas, Murdocs or Jax..

Ammo is starting to be on shelves again. Prices are still high. The range I went to recently has started to have plenty of ammo including 38 Special, but according to the counter-clerk not at reasonable prices. Refreshing honesty.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.