Re: wally world today

was just browsing the online ammo vendors out of curiosity looking for 30-40 krag, which, while it was a service cartridge almost 120 years ago, is unobtainium. scary military-style weapon of war might jump out of its locked cabinet and hurt someone? it's ok, i don't shoot it often and i have a little stash of reloads, but wtf? seriously, 30-40 krag? who in their right mind hoards 30-40 krag? (apart from me, that is. don't say it...)
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:37 am was just browsing the online ammo vendors out of curiosity looking for 30-40 krag, which, while it was a service cartridge almost 120 years ago, is unobtainium. scary military-style weapon of war might jump out of its locked cabinet and hurt someone? it's ok, i don't shoot it often and i have a little stash of reloads, but wtf? seriously, 30-40 krag? who in their right mind hoards 30-40 krag? (apart from me, that is. don't say it...)
.30-40 only seems to get runs about once a year from Remington (maybe the others do some), usually in the late summer/early fall for hunting season.

My local stores rarely have it but I bought about 5 boxes last year when the run got dropped in online stores.

Bare shelves here, too. I stopped looking long ago. Only the hardcore GB resellers are lining up at 7AM for a few boxes. The rest of us have to be at work in the AM.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

sikacz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:24 am I went to wally world once years ago, it took forever to get someone to come to the ammo case.
Yup. And when they finally got there they didn't have the keys to unlock anything.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:27 am
sikacz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:24 am I went to wally world once years ago, it took forever to get someone to come to the ammo case.
Yup. And when they finally got there they didn't have the keys to unlock anything.
Same happened my one time. :roflmao: :roflmao:

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

i expect wally will be among the last to have any in stock. i've grown accustomed to think of them as the "lowest common denominator', which sometimes can be a good thing. sort of like me, jack of all trades, master of none. take it for what it is, do not expect exemplary customer service, sometimes they'll pleasantly surprise you.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

sikacz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:29 am
sig230 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:27 am
Same happened my one time. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Same. I only once found anyone near it and never saw it actually opened up.

At my nearest wally world, they eventually removed the entire case and replaced it with rods & reels.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

I have a shooting buddy that works at my local WW.

I'll occasionally phone him on the ammo situation, and sometimes he will call me if there is good stuff in stock.

Otherwise, major suckage.

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."