non-toxic .177 pellets

Can anyone recommend a air rifle .177 non-toxic pellet that they have used. It's time to send some Starlings to their final reward and I'd like to find a very accurate non-toxic pellet if possible.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

Re: non-toxic .177 pellets

I believe Pyramid Air has several non-lead pellets in stock. Just be aware that they usually weigh much less than lead, so you'll want to try before you hunt with them. Best case scenario is a different point of impact -- worse case scenario is the pellet won't stabilize.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

From what reading I have done ( not much) it's best to find a pellet that's very close to the same weight as lead pellets. As a light pellet does not offer enough resistance and puts added strain on the mechanical parts of the gun, similar to dry firing it.
"And so it goes"

I have never found a non lead pellet that performed adequately. The skirts don’t expand and they are generally too light. What sort of rifle? I think the best non toxic pellets are steel bb’s but you can’t use them in many hunting velocity rifles. I recommend Beeman Kodiak pellets for almost all magnum spring guns. Just don’t miss the starlings.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

The rifle is a Gamo Shadow-matic I've seen anything from 850 fps to 1000, no idea which is right. I bought it 2004 from Cabalas together with an inexpensive scope. Scopes not on it currently as I was using it in the barn last and there wasn't enough light. I might put it back on today as my best results with the v-sight comes with weak reading glasses on. I currently have a couple tins of Gamo Match pellets, they are pretty accurate, but the starlings are proving fairly allusive at distances from 75 to 150 ft. I guess I'll continue to use them, but I don't really like using them in the garden or the barn for that matter.
"And so it goes"

The two velocities usually are one velocity using super light pellets, the other using Lead. I believe the light pellets are Zinc.

Most of the non-toxic pellets I have seen are Tin, but I remember some that were plastic, with a small bit of ferrous metal.

I would just have a trap or backstop behind your bait. The pellet will probably not exit the critter. Properly dispose of the body.