Re: How many have been vaccinated?

Got my first dose (Moderna) on Tuesday morning. My arm was sore as hell for a couple of days and I was definitely fatigued Tuesday and Wednesday, but no big deal in relation to the relief I felt. Thursday I felt good enough to drive the 90+ minutes to a range I recently joined. Broke in a new .308, my first time shooting anything more powerful than a 9mm carbine, and my first time shooting at 100 yards. Loved it.

Definitely looking forward to being able to hug my kids!

My wife and I are going for our second Moderna shots on the 19th, six more days! I don’t know how people are managing, this vaccination process has been a really bad example of our ability to deal with a medical crisis.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

DavidS wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 pm Got my first dose (Moderna) on Tuesday morning. My arm was sore as hell for a couple of days and I was definitely fatigued Tuesday and Wednesday, but no big deal in relation to the relief I felt. Thursday I felt good enough to drive the 90+ minutes to a range I recently joined. Broke in a new .308, my first time shooting anything more powerful than a 9mm carbine, and my first time shooting at 100 yards. Loved it.

Congrats! on both the first shot and the .308!
I had an immediate reaction the 1st Moderna, my Right hand itching, light-headed and a bit nauseated. Shot was in the left arm. The MD who examined me said it was because I hadn't eaten and wasn't hydrated and it was a typical reaction therefore. He said for the 2nd I should be well-fed and well-hydrated and to take a Benedryl 5-10 minutes before the 2nd shot. After that, I was pretty much ok for 24 hours, then had aches, headache, and finally a migraine. By the next morning I was fine. Tomorrow is 4 weeks since the 2nd shot.

What .308 did you get? The first one I shot was a DPMS AR-10 and I was stunned by how easy it was to shoot. Ended up with a Windham AR-10 with wood furniture. Awesome rifle!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I got a flier for CDC's V-Safe tracker when I got my 1st dose and I signed up. I get a weekly text message from them asking about my symptoms. It's been about 4 weeks since my 2nd dose and I still get a weekly text from them asking how I'm feeling. The only symptom I have at this time is still a little redness around the injection site. If you did or didn't get a flier you can still sign up, I figure it's helping in the development of better vaccines.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vsafe.html

i
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:04 am I got a flier for CDC's V-Safe tracker when I got my 1st dose and I signed up. I get a weekly text message from them asking about my symptoms. It's been about 4 weeks since my 2nd dose and I still get a weekly text from them asking how I'm feeling. The only symptom I have at this time is still a little redness around the injection site. If you did or didn't get a flier you can still sign up, I figure it's helping in the development of better vaccines.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vsafe.html

i
I signed up for that too. What a nice service and simple way to add to the knowledge base as well. They check in every day for the first week, then weekly for I think six weeks. If your answers cause concern they may follow up with a phone call.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:39 am
DavidS wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:38 pm Got my first dose (Moderna) on Tuesday morning. My arm was sore as hell for a couple of days and I was definitely fatigued Tuesday and Wednesday, but no big deal in relation to the relief I felt. Thursday I felt good enough to drive the 90+ minutes to a range I recently joined. Broke in a new .308, my first time shooting anything more powerful than a 9mm carbine, and my first time shooting at 100 yards. Loved it.

I had an immediate reaction the 1st Moderna, my Right hand itching, light-headed and a bit nauseated. Shot was in the left arm. The MD who examined me said it was because I hadn't eaten and wasn't hydrated and it was a typical reaction therefore. He said for the 2nd I should be well-fed and well-hydrated and to take a Benedryl 5-10 minutes before the 2nd shot. After that, I was pretty much ok for 24 hours, then had aches, headache, and finally a migraine. By the next morning I was fine. Tomorrow is 4 weeks since the 2nd shot.

What .308 did you get? The first one I shot was a DPMS AR-10 and I was stunned by how easy it was to shoot. Ended up with a Windham AR-10 with wood furniture. Awesome rifle!
Thank you! And congratulations on getting the full vaccination regime. I'll hopefully be in the same place by mid April.

I got a Christensen Arms MPR with 20" carbon fiber barrel. Wearing a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50, it weighs in at around 8.5lbs (according to my rough and probably inaccurate bathroom scale).

CDFingers wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:09 am Update: I just got a text about my first dose yesterday with the name of the vaccine, its batch number, and info about the next dose, and to "wear a mask." California.

CDFingers
Did you enroll through the state's partnership with Optum? I looked into them, but I already had my first dose and they only accept those who need both doses as they book both appmts. at the same time.

I got the added documentation too from the county with vaccine specific information, may e-mail it to the physician I use as a primary for my medical records.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Me, too on V-Safe. Glad I didn't sign up at 12 midnight as it seems follow up is based on when you registered - or it has been with me since 1st shot last Wed. - same time every time around 5 PM + or - a few.
"Being Republican is more than a difference of opinion - it's a character flaw." "COVID can fix STUPID!"
The greatest, most aggrieved mistake EVER made in USA was electing DJT as POTUS.

Wino wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:48 am Me, too on V-Safe. Glad I didn't sign up at 12 midnight as it seems follow up is based on when you registered - or it has been with me since 1st shot last Wed. - same time every time around 5 PM + or - a few.
Easy to register and simple to complete the daily or weekly questionnaire. In our case, if it helps CDC and Pfizer get a better picture of the vaccine's side effects.

DavidS wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:19 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:39 am

Thank you! And congratulations on getting the full vaccination regime. I'll hopefully be in the same place by mid April.

I got a Christensen Arms MPR with 20" carbon fiber barrel. Wearing a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50, it weighs in at around 8.5lbs (according to my rough and probably inaccurate bathroom scale).
Wow! That is a SERIOUS sniper/hunting rifle! (that's your next b'day and xmas present for a couple of years! :laugh: ) Congrats!
While my AR-10 is called a "Hunter" I figure it's about the most versatile rifle because you CAN legally hunt with it (tho I don't) yet it does everything an AR-15 does, too.
Different priorities.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

highdesert wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:34 am
CDFingers wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:09 am Update: I just got a text about my first dose yesterday with the name of the vaccine, its batch number, and info about the next dose, and to "wear a mask." California.

CDFingers
Did you enroll through the state's partnership with Optum? I looked into them, but I already had my first dose and they only accept those who need both doses as they book both appmts. at the same time.

I got the added documentation too from the county with vaccine specific information, may e-mail it to the physician I use as a primary for my medical records.
I went through the "my turn" website. Small population up here, so it's smooth for us.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

I posted this awhile ago on the other thread. It's from University of Michigan Health, a UM immunologist explains what's happening in your body after the first and second doses.
https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/welln ... 19-vaccine

I got the Pfizer vaccine and after the second dose again pain at the injection site along with redness and that was it. The pain went away after a few days but slight redness persists at the injection site even now and my second dose was about 4 weeks ago. Not everyone reacts the same.

highdesert wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:55 am I posted this awhile ago on the other thread. It's from University of Michigan Health, a UM immunologist explains what's happening in your body after the first and second doses.
https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/welln ... 19-vaccine

I got the Pfizer vaccine and after the second dose again pain at the injection site along with redness and that was it. The pain went away after a few days but slight redness persists at the injection site even now and my second dose was about 4 weeks ago. Not everyone reacts the same.
Nope. But if you do get a reaction it's likely after 24 hours, and a day after that you're fine.

Got my first vax a week ago - March 7. Pfizer. No side effects unless you count a little soreness when moving my arm the first couple days (negligible). I'm scheduled for my second shot on March 29. The day after will be my birthday, so if I have to take a day off, no worries. Really looking forward to mid-April - already scheduled a teeth cleaning at the dentist, and a haircut!
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there - George Harrison
Don't go where the road don't go - Ringo Starr

highdesert wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:40 pm What does "fully vaccinated for COVID" mean.
People are considered fully vaccinated: 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or. 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, like Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... %20vaccine
It means the vaccine has activated the immune system to the fullest extent it can, to the level necessary to be resistant to the disease.

Got my 1st Pfizer shot just now at the local Walgreens, but they said that right now they cannot schedule a second dose. Their computer system still will not allow them to set up appointments.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

:clap: Congrats sig ! If you keep in contact with the pharmacy you'll probably be able to book your second dose. Officially the second dose should be 21 days after the first one but it can be up to 6 weeks per CDC. I had to book my second one, my county didn't have a system to do it. Any side effects?