Greetings from New Jersey

Just want to say hello. I am visiting a gun range/shop tomorrow to pick up my first hand gun. I just received recently my Firearms ID card and permit to purchase handgun from the NJ state. Have lots of questions so hoping to meet anyone from NJ who are members of this group. Thanks.

Re: Greetings from New Jersey

lurker wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:58 pmpaging YT...
That would be me! Where in NJ are you and which gun store are you using.
I'm far from the only Jerseyan in the club, but most post in the NY/NJ branch of the club on Face Book. I don't know who else in the forum as opposed to the FB group.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Re: Greetings from New Jersey

I don't know of any gun shop in NJ that will sell you a non-compliant weapon or magazine, whether they are selling you their product or acting as FFL for an out-of-state purchase.
Since you have the FPID and Handgun Purchase Permit, you can buy as many compliant rifles and shotguns as you like, but you can only buy one handgun with the permit (there are special circumstances for a matched pistol set). And even if you have multiple permits, you can only make one purchase every 30 days.

Pretty much everything from a slingshot, bow, crossbow, to an AR or AK is considered a firearm. Pistol provisions are pretty simple. There's a max length, no secondary grips or shoulder stocks, and no mags that hold more than 10 rounds.
Rifles have a min barrel and overall length, cannot have a threaded barrel or flash arrestor. A welded on muzzle break is OK. No collapsible stocks Same mag limit, but while hunting 5 rounds is the max.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."