Good Morning from Michigan!

hello everyone!

I'm Chad King in Southeast Michigan.

I have a bit of experience with firearms, and in leadership, but I'm interested in learning how I can help.

I really don't like talking about myself, but I suppose understanding background and proving credentials is important to some people. If anyone is interested in my credentials, I'll share them.

I'm all about the root cause mitigation of violence, and that's a big reason why I joined LGC. I am passionate about introducing people safe gun handling and storage, and legal considerations of owning firearms. I'm a big proponent of servant leadership.

Politically, I think they all suck on gun policy/gun rights, or are hypocrites.

Re: Good Morning from Michigan!

CDFingers wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:36 am Well, greetings from northern California where we're in fire season now. And drought. Our other two seasons are flood and earthquake.

What might be your recently favorite gun to shoot?

CDFingers
it really sucks about the fires and drought - it's a perfectly devastating pair.

Recently it's the Walther PDP and my Sig P320 Scorpion with the Gray Guns adjustable trigger.

Long gun favorite is my O/U Shotgun I use for trap.

APXDEF wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:43 am
tonguengroover wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:37 am Welcome from S. AZ. I like trap but sold my shotgun long ago. I actually like hunting Quail better, they are harder to hit.
I have zero experience hunting. I hope to change that soon-ish.
Oh well if you like trap you'd love hunting Quail,. Kinda like pheasent hunting. They bolt out of the bushes flying just over the shrubs and dive back down really fast. You get one shot before they are gone.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

APXDEF wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:43 pm
sikacz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:23 pm Welcome from Houston! Upper or lower?
Lower, in SE Michigan.

Thanks!
Hello
At various times 20's through mid-40's I lived in Detroit, Royal Oak, Farmington Hills, Royal Oak and Ortonville. Still have many friends in the area.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

lurker wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:11 pm :welcome:
APXDEF wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:21 am I have a bit of experience with firearms, and in leadership, but I'm interested in learning how I can help.
do tell?
Here are some of credentials:
USCCA instructor and training counselor
NRA instructor
Glock Armorer
National African American Gun Association instructor and range safety officer
Midwestern Regional Director for NAAGA (phonetically en double aye aee aye)
Chapter president and co-founder of the Black Bottom Gun Club
I also "try" to shoot IDPA... well I shoot in practices, no matches yet.

geno wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:59 pm
Lower, in SE Michigan.

Thanks!
Hello
At various times 20's through mid-40's I lived in Detroit, Royal Oak, Farmington Hills, Royal Oak and Ortonville. Still have many friends in the area.
Nice. I'm guessing you aren't in the area anymore?

APXDEF wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:39 pm
geno wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:59 pm
Lower, in SE Michigan.

Thanks!
Hello
Nice. I'm guessing you aren't in the area anymore?
Yes , (sorry the old forum format use to show our location, now you need to click on ones avatar), I left MI for wetter winter pastures in 1995 and moved to the PNW.
I've been in SW WA since 2004, Its a 20 minute drive to Portland for me. My time living in Detroit was '68-'71 when I went to what was then U of D.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

Good Morning from Michigan!

Hello, Sir & welcome.

I’m from SE Michigan as well; but currently live in SW Ohio.

I shot USPSA & 3 gun for several years before I realized that I’m not a talented shooter, and lots of practice would only get me (barely) above the middle of the pack & was draining my wallet. However, shooting weekly & training to reloading & tactical drills will make you very proficient in countering any likely threat. Having been formerly both an NRA pistol instructor & a Navy instructor, nothing hones your abilities like training for dynamic competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INVICTVS138 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 am Hello, Sir & welcome.

I’m from SE Michigan as well; but currently live in SW Ohio.

I shot USPSA & 3 gun for several years before I realized that I’m not a talented shooter, and lots of practice would only get me (barely) above the middle of the pack & was draining my wallet. However, shooting weekly & training to reloading & tactical drills will make you very proficient in countering any likely threat. Having been formerly both an NRA pistol instructor & a Navy instructor, nothing hones your abilities like training for dynamic competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born and raised in Cincinnati.

I absolutely agree on using competition to dial in the skills and what you learn from training classes.