Re: Hey Guys! Im newbie

wings wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:49 am Saw one advertised at a local milsurp shop for a decent price last fall - when the Fiocchi ammo for it was the only thing in stock advertised by one of the Gearfire stores. :lol: As a convert to SA, it's mildly tempting.
I prefer to shoot mine single action. I don’t know if I’m right or not but I think it puts less stress on the hammer fly spring. The single action does not have a fly spring on the hammer. It has a modified hammer. I’ve been trying to locate a spare spring and I suspect I’ll need to fab one.

Was the one you saw SA? It could have been single action if it was old enough. The WW1 period and earlier came in two variants, a SA for soldiers and a DA/SA for officers.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Re: Hey Guys! Im newbie

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:57 pm
highdesert wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:30 pm Looks like another Aussielander, language and time differences could cause delays. ;)

Welcome if you're not another bot.
The signup IP was Russian.

Another Russkie bot bites the dust.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan