Howdy from Austin

Howdy y'all,
Native Texan living in Austin here. I grew up shooting and hunting, and I'm comfortable with both. I've mostly shot long rifles and shotguns, but I've shot pistols at the range. I don't participate much at all anymore, but I want to get my LTC and feel comfortable with a handgun, just in case. I hope I never need it.

Like I mentioned in another post, I'm looking for places to buy ammo and accessories, as well as a range and place to get my LTC. I've read some good replies so far, so thank you very much.

John

Re: Howdy from Austin

Howdy! Just moved to PA in 2019 after 13 years in Austin. I miss my F&F there, and some of the culture as well (but not so much the extremes of weather).
longhorns.gif
longhorns.gif (1.15 KiB) Viewed 2100 times
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

Llew wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:25 pm Howdy! Just moved to PA in 2019 after 13 years in Austin. I miss my F&F there, and some of the culture as well (but not so much the extremes of weather).

longhorns.gif
You have bad timing Llew, you missed years of meets with the Texas Chapter! LoL.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 am
Llew wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:25 pm Howdy! Just moved to PA in 2019 after 13 years in Austin. I miss my F&F there, and some of the culture as well (but not so much the extremes of weather).

longhorns.gif
You have bad timing Llew, you missed years of meets with the Texas Chapter! LoL.
Yeah, but I'll be back from time to time.

And hey, no more Cruz, Cornyn, Abbott, etc.!
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:37 pm Hi from NJ. I know Austin's supposed to be great but I have a real antipathy for Texas, at least at the state and red-neck level.
The thing about Austin is that it's a blue dot in a sea of red. All the things people hate about Texas rednecks? You mostly won't find them in Austin. (Except at the capitol.)
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

Llew wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:37 pm Hi from NJ. I know Austin's supposed to be great but I have a real antipathy for Texas, at least at the state and red-neck level.
The thing about Austin is that it's a blue dot in a sea of red. All the things people hate about Texas rednecks? You mostly won't find them in Austin. (Except at the capitol.)
Houston is more blue than red. The surrounding suburb areas are red.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

sikacz wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:43 am
Llew wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 am
Houston is more blue than red. The surrounding suburb areas are red.
Which is why the ReThugs did everything in their power to keep Houstonians from voting.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Llew wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:23 am Q. How do you know you're getting near Dallas on IH35?
A. The pickup trucks and the beehive hairdos start getting bigger.
F350 dualies and phantom dualies with giant airfoils?
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I needed a graphics card yesterday so did a Best Buy curbside run. Two pickups pulled in beside me and the hood of either of them was higher than my car.

Of course the drivers then got out and walked into the store since the curbside spaces were far closer than the general parking and the handicap spaces were full.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim

sig230 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:32 am I needed a graphics card yesterday so did a Best Buy curbside run. Two pickups pulled in beside me and the hood of either of them was higher than my car.

Of course the drivers then got out and walked into the store since the curbside spaces were far closer than the general parking and the handicap spaces were full.
Let me guess: No masks either?
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη