Who I am.

:sorry:

Hello, I myself Identify as more of a "progressive". As we all do, I have made mistakes and done things I'm not necessarily proud of (Endorse Trump in 2016). This was more so founded upon my disdain for Clinton, but in the end, I had realized my disdain was NOT a good reason to help someone that bad. In late 2016, I'd realized that I'd become more of a progressive and that the "myths" I'd heard about certain policies were just that - myths. Moving forward, I've been working with local leftist orgs and hope to help the working class. I hope to fit in well here and get to know you all better. We all have a history and we're all capable of change.

Re: Who I am.

There once was a Reverend Volgin
whose interest in firearms was hidin'.
He didn't like Hil'
or even old Bill,
so is probably upset with Biden.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:10 pm There once was a Reverend Volgin
whose interest in firearms was hidin'.
He didn't like Hil'
or even old Bill,
so is probably upset with Biden.

CDFingers
Our own "rhymin Simon"
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

Hey buddy. Grew up in the NRA with grandparents who wouldn't let me use the rocking chair in the corner because "Mr. Nixon once sat in that chair, son."
Spent my teens joking about the president and her husband, Bill. Came to my senses after Sept 11th.
The whole point of being a Progressive is progressing.
Welcome to the forum. Probably you'll be judged more harshly on your opinions concerning the supremacy of the 1911 than on anything else.
-Crow
Minute Of Average

o/

I've seen the evolution from Rockefeller Republican to Perot voter to Obama Dem in my own family. I'm not really convinced it was progress. Goldwater famously joked about how he and McCain had once been the bomb-throwing radical conservatives, but watched the party shoot far to their right under the influence of the evangelical wing. More recently, I've found myself willing to distinguish between Republicans who voted the party line as recently as 2020 but accepted the loss - Kemp, Cheney, Romney - from the sedition and insurrection proponents.

I don't have the patience for internecine warfare on the left. It's stupid, unproductive, and divisive. It only serves the right.

Shooting, on the other hand, can be quite relaxing. Some of us hunt, some of us collect, some shoot competitively, some for recreation. Many own guns for home defense, some of us carry. Not a one of us glorifies violence nor endorses it except in the direst need. Self defense is a human right.

Do you shoot?

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

geno wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:27 am RevVolgin was here for all of one minute; I'm not holding my breath.
Welcome!

I saw another user sign in with one post March 2017 and came back March 2021 with a lot of posts.

You said you "Endorsed Trump in 2016"... did you mean vote or actually just endorse?

What do you like to shoot? Rifle? Pistol? Arrows? This is a gun forum, after all.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:39 am
geno wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:27 am RevVolgin was here for all of one minute; I'm not holding my breath.
Welcome!

I saw another user sign in with one post March 2017 and came back March 2021 with a lot of posts.

You said you "Endorsed Trump in 2016"... did you mean vote or actually just endorse?

What do you like to shoot? Rifle? Pistol? Arrows? This is a gun forum, after all.
Maybe instead of "Who am I" the title of the thread should be "Where am I".
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

the one minute login is more interesting to me: create an account, make a meandering intro post that doesn't really say much, then bail...time will tell. so many questions, so little time.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:52 am
the one minute login is more interesting to me: create an account, make a meandering intro post that doesn't really say much, then bail...time will tell. so many questions, so little time.
I wait for the “slipp’n guy/gal” to make a drive by post. It’s interesting the ones who drop a post, return a year or two later and repeat again. No meaningful conversation can be had, just interesting pattern and interesting why.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Llew wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:25 am Or RV decided that the environment wasn't what s/he wanted.
He did note “progressive”...perhaps realized this was a “liberal” forum...

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

YankeeTarheel wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:26 am Whoever this troll is with one single "mea culpa" he/she sure got a lot of people wasting time and bandwidth on it! :lol:
My excuse it’s Saturday morning. Of course if someone wants to talk pocket holsters I’ll happily engage in that in the gear section...LoL..