Hallo! New Guy From Indiana

Hi everybody! I finally joined LGC today after being a casual fan of your facebook posts for some time.
I'M 41, And I was taught a great reverence and respect for firearms safety from my Grandfathers and Father. People whom today would be labeled FUDDs. They are all gone now. I find myself with a family (no children) at middle age in...well.....whatever this political climate has become. I have always been proficient with Hunting Rifles and Shotguns, but recently purchased a 1911 .45 ACP and have basically been studying and teaching myself how to shoot it and improve my proficiency with the tool.

I also happen to believe that the 1st and 2nd Amendment are NOT mutually exclusive and rather co-dependant on each other. I also believe that the Government should provide for the welfare of the People because that our Collective Liberties and Personal Liberties are also intertwined. I'm also agnostic/ perhaps Atheist and don't want Government by any religion. I live among the MAGA hat wearing masses, and I have developed a talent for blending-in, incognito so to speak, (read Pick-Up and Flannel Shirt meat-eating type), so Gun shops/shows arent particularly awkward for me, but My Body is My Body, Yours is Yours, feed it, tattoo it, protect it, defend it, or wreck it..these are our only REALf personal liberties we control. So I'm a Liberal, not ashamed of it, but I'm glad to find allies. Thanks for having me. :thumbup:

Re: Hallo! New Guy From Indiana

Welcome from Lexington KY. What part of Indiana are you from? If it is the southern part we have some folks looking to have a get together with Kentucky folks.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

:welcome: Condolences to you for being surrounded by MAGA hats, you're a survivor. I understand incognito, being a gun owner in a blue state where politics is fine to discuss and maybe even sex, just not religion or guns.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

highdesert wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm :welcome: Condolences to you for being surrounded by MAGA hats, you're a survivor. I understand incognito, being a gun owner in a blue state where politics is fine to discuss and maybe even sex, just not religion or guns.
Even the other Lefties I surround myself with for sanity, generally don't understand guns either. Fake News on both sides to some extent. Until they pull that trigger for the first time and don't instantly die, they don't ;) Even the righties you encounter in the Gun Shops only vote on that one issue, the rest of their "belief system" is filled out for them, automatically. I dream of a world where you're not considered a "cuck" for being a decent human being with empathy towards others.

lurker wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:47 pm :welcome:
another 1911 fan here. i run a springfield armory milspec, lightly modded. it's my go-to gun.

the forum crops your thread title to "hallo! new guy from india..." so i thought "wow, these spam mills in asia are getting really bold!"
haha I'm fascinated by the platform, always have been! Ever since my childhood Crossman 1911 BB pistol ;)

senorgrand wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:31 pm Depends what your used to shooting. If you like to lower the bore axis by riding the grip, then you gonna get bit. I never had that problem with mine though. Only my Kahr 380 ever gave me slide bite, and that was because I looked like Hagrid holding the thing.
I don't have much choice. I have some bigass hands, and skin roll there ;) I'm not sure if its actually hammer bite, more like a callous. nothing a knuckle bandage doesnt fix.