Re: New member in Southern Indiana

RMorr64 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:08 am At least no one is complying with the magazine ban in New Jersey the last I heard.
Everyone I know is. There was a 6 month window to dispose of, or convert higher cap mags (15 rounds was the old limit) down to 10 rounds. Possession of each "HCM" is an individual felony, unless you are a storage-capable FFL. The case is being challenged in the Fed courts on 2A grounds and Heller v. DC and may be decided by the SCOTUS this year or next.

The law is badly written but the original bill was even worse, instantly turning hundreds of thousands of law-abiding citizens into felons, thus the 6 month grace period to comply was included.

What you might have heard of is that the legal surrender clause of the bill, whereby owners could bring their soon-to-be illegal HCMs to their local PD for no compensation, was not being used anywhere--nobody did that. They made it difficult by adding on all sorts of paper-work, back and forthing with the LPD, and establishing a date and time of surrender...IDIOCY!
Instead the gun smiths were swamped with conversion orders for existing mags (Most charge $10-$15 per mag). Me? I bought new compliant ones and am storing the 15s at a compliant storage FFL, pending the SCOTUS final decision. If it throws out the state's law, I'll get them back. If it upholds it, I'll have them converted. Annual storage rates aren't high.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."