new from MA

Hey guys, Just wanted to introduce myself, stumbled across the LGC and this forum through an article online and was intrigued. I wouldn't consider myself very liberal, or very conservative for that matter, I have opinions on both sides of the aisle. I spent 7 years in the army and recently got out and returned home to boston, and it seems i'm among the minority of people in this area with both liberal and conservative friends ( what happened to disagreeing politically but being friends anyway?). Anyway, this seemed like a cool place to come shoot the breeze about guns, hear differing opinions, and share polite discourse/debate/conversation/tomfoolery etc etc etc etc. happy to be here!

Re: new from MA

Bucolic wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:10 pm Welcome from Gettysburg. What do you shoot?
Well lately it's been mostly my AR, glock 19, and my bolt gun that I just finished, Thinking of dabbling in IPSC and long range stuff, still getting used to shooting being " just for fun" again and not a training evolution. Did a lot of long range precision stuff in the service and want to continue that, the attention and mental engagement it requires is quite relaxing for me. :thumbup:

centerofcenter93 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:57 pm Hey guys, Just wanted to introduce myself, stumbled across the LGC and this forum through an article online and was intrigued. I wouldn't consider myself very liberal, or very conservative for that matter, I have opinions on both sides of the aisle. I spent 7 years in the army and recently got out and returned home to boston, and it seems i'm among the minority of people in this area with both liberal and conservative friends ( what happened to disagreeing politically but being friends anyway?). Anyway, this seemed like a cool place to come shoot the breeze about guns, hear differing opinions, and share polite discourse/debate/conversation/tomfoolery etc etc etc etc. happy to be here!
Welcome from Oregon.

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Welcome, from a bicoastal New Hampshirite (Spending a bit of time in CA). I get out to Boston a few times a year, and like you have friends from both sides of the aisle. I haven't been very active here recently, but have found some more level headed posts compared to other forums.

centerofcenter93 said:

... the attention and mental engagement it requires is quite relaxing for me.
+1 - in my case, it is beyond 'relaxing' and becomes 'therapeutic' as a way to counter a world that is entirely digital in other areas of my life.

Welcome to the forum from The Free State of Nevada.

:welcome:

Welcome! I'm also from Boston (living just 20 minutes south of the city at the moment.)

I acquired my LTC-A last year, handled about 20 different firearms (over 4 range days with friends), and finally purchased my first handgun (lc9s) over the summer. During that time, I decided NES was far too red (lib bashing) for me and found the LGC - wouldn't doubt it's probably the same way many of us end up here. :yahoo: