Free way to support the LGC

Moderators: Inquisitor, admin, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
shinzen
Site Admin
Posts: 18962
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Free way to support the LGC

#1 Post by shinzen » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:51 am

Do you shop on Amazon? Do you support the LGC?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, please use this link- add it as a bookmark before you make your next purchases and the club will get a commission out of the deal. Thank you to AndyH for following up on this.
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=theliberalgun-20
Image

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#2 Post by featureless » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:44 pm

shinzen wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:51 am
Do you shop on Amazon? Do you support the LGC?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, please use this link- add it as a bookmark before you make your next purchases and the club will get a commission out of the deal. Thank you to AndyH for following up on this.
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=theliberalgun-20
Just ordered a few items related to wiring. Did it work?

User avatar
shinzen
Site Admin
Posts: 18962
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#3 Post by shinzen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:04 pm

Won't show up until tomorrow- they don't report in real time.
Image

User avatar
AndyH
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:05 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#4 Post by AndyH » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Items aren't listed until they ship.
“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.” Heinlein
You can’t take the Razorback! She is gone and gone and gone!

User avatar
shinzen
Site Admin
Posts: 18962
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#5 Post by shinzen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:05 am

featureless wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:44 pm
shinzen wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:51 am
Do you shop on Amazon? Do you support the LGC?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, please use this link- add it as a bookmark before you make your next purchases and the club will get a commission out of the deal. Thank you to AndyH for following up on this.
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=theliberalgun-20
Just ordered a few items related to wiring. Did it work?
Yep, sure did.
Image

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#6 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:09 am

I use the app on my iPad to make Amazon purchases. Is there a way for me to use the app to support LGC, or do I have to use the link provided?
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
shinzen
Site Admin
Posts: 18962
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#7 Post by shinzen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am

When you click on the link, does it open your app or open the amazon website? I think your phone preferences determine that. Not sure if the referral link works with their app or not, but you would need to click on it I think.
Image

User avatar
HuckleberryFun
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3996
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:21 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#8 Post by HuckleberryFun » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:25 am

shinzen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
When you click on the link, does it open your app or open the amazon website? I think your phone preferences determine that. Not sure if the referral link works with their app or not, but you would need to click on it I think.
OK, I got it to where the above link opens the Amazon app. So I have to do that every time? No way to set the app permanently to just give the LGC a bit of baksheesh without having to come here for the link? I’m link averse, but I’ll do it if I must.
ImageImage
I’m not your Sherpa, so find your own way and carry your own baggage.

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4374
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#9 Post by featureless » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:33 am

shinzen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:05 am
featureless wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:44 pm
shinzen wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:51 am
Do you shop on Amazon? Do you support the LGC?

If the answer to both of those questions is yes, please use this link- add it as a bookmark before you make your next purchases and the club will get a commission out of the deal. Thank you to AndyH for following up on this.
https://www.amazon.com/?tag=theliberalgun-20
Just ordered a few items related to wiring. Did it work?
Yep, sure did.
Oh good. Thanks all for setting this up.

User avatar
shinzen
Site Admin
Posts: 18962
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:52 pm
Location: Northern California
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#10 Post by shinzen » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am

HuckleberryFun wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:25 am
shinzen wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
When you click on the link, does it open your app or open the amazon website? I think your phone preferences determine that. Not sure if the referral link works with their app or not, but you would need to click on it I think.
OK, I got it to where the above link opens the Amazon app. So I have to do that every time? No way to set the app permanently to just give the LGC a bit of baksheesh without having to come here for the link? I’m link averse, but I’ll do it if I must.
I'm not 100% sure how long the data would be persistent for. To test, perhaps place an order off the link, then wait several days and order again without the link. I don't know if that will work or not tbh. For my personal shopping I use my computer and just have the link bookmarked. Just use the app for order tracking and whatnot.
Image

User avatar
AndyH
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:05 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: Free way to support the LGC

#11 Post by AndyH » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 pm

The link isn't persistent, so have to launch into Amazon each time.

Might also be able to navigate to Amazon, append the "?tag=theliberalgun-20" manually, and refresh the page, but I haven't tested that.
“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.” Heinlein
You can’t take the Razorback! She is gone and gone and gone!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest