Hi all

Just wanted to stop in say hi. :newhere: I like guns, thought this would be a fun place to discuss them.

Re: Hi all

Welcome from Lexington KY. What kind of guns do you like to shoot????
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Tell us a bit more about yourself? Guns you like to shoot and such. How'd you find us?

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

Welcome!
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

I am into handguns, shotguns, and rifles. I would like to get into three gun and long-distance shooting. I have been shooting for a long time. I started with the standard .22 and grew into 12 ga. from there I branched into rifles. I am also into cars and gaming.

Welcome from AZ!

S u b R o s a
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

It's always the same 2 or 3 individuals here that ruin conversation and act like children. Goperfect was right on his last posts of his introductory thread. Some here have serious issues. They cannot hold a conversation like adults and instead throw the troll and Russian bot words around like candy over and over. Now they want to try and disparage someone who answered a question asked about his military service.

What gives?

I'm disappointed in the way things have gone. I don't think I've been too bad, but I won't say I've been too good either. One thing I think would help is to avoid talking politics right off the bat. First we should just talk guns and get to know each other a little before bringing politics into the mix.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

willjr75 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:06 am It's always the same 2 or 3 individuals here that ruin conversation and act like children. Goperfect was right on his last posts of his introductory thread. Some here have serious issues. They cannot hold a conversation like adults and instead throw the troll and Russian bot words around like candy over and over. Now they want to try and disparage someone who answered a question asked about his military service.

What gives?
Go ahead. Clutch your pearls. You didn't come here for an honest debate but to throw shade on our site.
I have no apologies for you.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Eris wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 am I'm disappointed in the way things have gone. I don't think I've been too bad, but I won't say I've been too good either. One thing I think would help is to avoid talking politics right off the bat. First we should just talk guns and get to know each other a little before bringing politics into the mix.
Some of us have posted about guns as gear. Unfortunately, those gun threads don't get too much traction. I guess it's more fun for the senior members here to berate others.

Well, you being one who has just joined the community of folks who have been discussing all manners of things for more than a few years (check our names for lists of prior posts) and even have gotten together to shoot in local gatherings, understand that we know and trust where each other are coming from for the most part. We don't have a problem with each other even when we disagree on a particular subject. General respect for differences of opinion exists because we've seen how varied our own perspectives are between subjects over time.

Maybe you can learn something from that sort of tolerance and reintroduce it to your own forums. Heaven knows the sort of division you seem to be used to and are unconsciously trying to sow here isn't taking root.

Community doesn't mean righteously calling people out.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I was a 94B "Death From Within"!

It might behoove all who come here to become familiar with the organization which operates this forum, https://theliberalgunclub.com/ , our mission https://theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/what-we-do/ and our position on guns and regulation: https://theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/ ... egulation/

opinions stated here are of the posters and not necessarily the opinions of The Liberal Gun Club as a whole.

We now return you to the knotty thread already in progress.
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".

Bisbee wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:16 am Well, you being one who has just joined the community of folks who have been discussing all manners of things for more than a few years (check our names for lists of prior posts) and even have gotten together to shoot in local gatherings, understand that we know and trust where each other are coming from for the most part. We don't have a problem with each other even when we disagree on a particular subject. General respect for differences of opinion exists because we've seen how varied our own perspectives are between subjects over time.

Maybe you can learn something from that sort of tolerance and reintroduce it to your own forums. Heaven knows the sort of division you seem to be used to and are unconsciously trying to sow here isn't taking root.

Community doesn't mean righteously calling people out.
JColville wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:28 am I was a 94B "Death From Within"!

It might behoove all who come here to become familiar with the organization which operates this forum, https://theliberalgunclub.com/ , our mission https://theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/what-we-do/ and our position on guns and regulation: https://theliberalgunclub.com/about-us/ ... egulation/

opinions stated here are of the posters and not necessarily the opinions of The Liberal Gun Club as a whole.

We now return you to the knotty thread already in progress.

What is this? Bizzaro land? Tolerance? Some here have been nothing but intolerant towards new members. Look at all our posts. Except for that CaseHardened dude, everyone else has been nothing but respectful. Never once did any new member berate another. You'll be hard pressed to find it.

What do you think we own the other forums and single you out? You think that if you join ar15.com or m4carbine.com and talk about guns that they'll look up your voter ID card and then respond to you?

Talk about paranoia and fantasyland. There are tons of members from any and all parties on those forums. Straight or gay, right or left leaning people frequent those forums everyday.

You guys really have issues. A bunch of paranoid, intolerant fellas you have here that call kettles black.

Holy crap! I really wish the other members that have peacefully engaged with us in conversation have a PM talk with you guys and call u out on your behavior. The intolerance here is really hypocritical. What's next? Are minorities not welcome here either? I've seen nothing but hate here. What an example you guys are putting out there.

From your own page that you linked.

We provide an online alternative to existing Second Amendment forums, allowing Liberal and Moderate views to be expressed and actively debated. We encourage well thought out and reasoned positions and discourage personal attacks and angry tirades.

I've seen nothing but the opposite displayed here going against this site's mission statement towards new members.

Mods. Can you step in here please?
Last edited by willjr75 on Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.