Re: Stopping in the say hi.

I hope your screen name, GOPerfect, does not reflect your politics. Centrists, or anyone not conservative are welcome.
Those who think the GOP is “perfect” are not. If you’re really centrist, then welcome! If you’re a troll in centrist clothing
you’ll soon be found out. :detective:

Hello GoPerfect! I'm always happy to see a new face around here. Unlike others on the forums, I enjoy it when people with more conservative views show up as I think it can help to open a dialog between right wing and left wing gun owners and help us work together on gun rights issues where we can agree with each other.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm Hello GoPerfect! I'm always happy to see a new face around here. Unlike others on the forums, I enjoy it when people with more conservative views show up as I think it can help to open a dialog between right wing and left wing gun owners and help us work together on gun rights issues where we can agree with each other.
This is a great attitude and I think it's what's missing in America today.

If more people freely shared ideas, and at the end of the day they couldn't agree, they should be able to respectfully agree to disagree.

It never hurts to see things from another point of view or to get another perspective. It will challenge or reinforce your current beliefs.

And Any time people can find common ground and common interests will go a long way.

HuckleberryFun wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am I hope your screen name, GOPerfect, does not reflect your politics. Centrists, or anyone not conservative are welcome.
Those who think the GOP is “perfect” are not. If you’re really centrist, then welcome! If you’re a troll in centrist clothing
Why would you post something like that? We may not agree with his views but we can still share common ground.

willjr75 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:16 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:49 am I hope your screen name, GOPerfect, does not reflect your politics. Centrists, or anyone not conservative are welcome.
Why would you post something like that? We may not agree with his views but we can still share common ground.
You may have noticed, or not, that the forum has had a recent influx of trolls working together.
My bad, it’s not my job to police the forum. Carry on with the sharing.

GOPerfect wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm Maybe I made a mistake in trying out a new forum.
Welcome. We get trolls. They usually come and go either on their own or by the boot. At any rate, this is a liberal gun club forum and so on. Also listen. This a pro second amendment all inclusive civil rights protecting group. Enjoy and welcome.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

koolaidblue wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm Hello GoPerfect! I'm always happy to see a new face around here. Unlike others on the forums, I enjoy it when people with more conservative views show up as I think it can help to open a dialog between right wing and left wing gun owners and help us work together on gun rights issues where we can agree with each other.

If more people freely shared ideas, and at the end of the day they couldn't agree, they should be able to respectfully agree to disagree.

It never hurts to see things from another point of view or to get another perspective. It will challenge or reinforce your current beliefs.

And Any time people can find common ground and common interests will go a long way.
Except some ideas or beliefs cannot be accepted as "we agree to disagree".

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!" Loquacious of many. Texas Chapter Chief Cat Herder.

I've often enjoyed hanging out with conservatives, real conservatives, who share values such as honor and keeping to one's word even if at a greater cost than previously imagined. These are the mark of a truly mature individual. Too many in our society these days of all political spectrum are simply immature, lack life's experience and thus hold their mental ideas more important than core values of adulthood and social responsibility. They are willing to sacrifice you for their ideals, but not willing to sacrifice themselves. Yeah...

In joining any new community, if the person shows a willingness to share along with respect and intelligence rather than defensiveness in discussing only their own point of view, I believe they have the most to gain from the experience. Because in truth, we never really convince others by our amazing abilities to argue a point. We only learn and grow ourselves by honestly putting out our point of view and the allow others to test them for us.

:welcome: Goperfect.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

sikacz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:08 pm

To each their own I guess...

I guess I'm just overly optimistic that everyone everywhere can act like responsible open minded adults and treating each other fairly a s with respect.

Maybe I'm too hopeful "glass half full"?

I try to always have a good attitude at least.

Welcome GoPerfect, glad to have you here. What kind of guns do you like to shoot???
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

koolaidblue wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm

I guess I'm just overly optimistic that everyone everywhere can act like responsible open minded adults and treating each other fairly a s with respect.

Example, slavery is an idea I fail to see as parting on "respectfully disagree ". Don't be so quick to dismiss a comment.

sikacz wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:18 pm
koolaidblue wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:12 pm

Example, slavery is an idea I fail to see as parting on "respectfully disagree ". Don't be so quick to dismiss a comment.
You're taking a little bit of creative freedom with the well meaning intent of my above post.

You went to an extremist statement when I certainly am very anti slavery, it's been a settled issue for over 150 years and no one anywhere in 2018 America is wanting to bring it back.

All I meant by my innocent well intentioned cheerful statement was that more people need to try and get along, find common ground and treat each other with respect. No need to jump to extremes or straw man arguments to make a point.

No harm intended, sorry if it was taken that way

Cheers!

Howdy from Houston!

I have always avoided the political rants (all sides) and just stuck with the discussions about firearms and accessories. Lots of knowledge to be found here, and a tendency to stay on subject without mixing in the crass put downs.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Not really creative. By the way, welcome if it wasn't clear.

You are not on the "wrong forum" unless you joined to troll.

I myself am a 'radical centrist' - i confess to many left of center tendencies, but just when I think I am really a lefty, a true lefty corrects my self assessment :-)

You are welcome here.

Ahem ...

Welcome to the Liberal Gun Forum from the Free State of Nevada.

Welcome from the opposite coast with a state legislature that has also imposed major gun restrictions. We're not as bad as NYC, yet.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Having odd English language sentence structure means that person is most likely ESL
Plenty of those whose ancestors came on mayflower as saying goes have poor command of English language

On the topic US border patrol hates idea of having to babysit military and since Clinton every so often BP ends up in that situation
Policies are the same since W. Was the president
But now more attention is paid to it
Trump is master troll right sees him as protector of realm
Left gets whipped in pointless frenzy so he can tell they want open borders while in reality is just another day at the border

Thin skin that one has. Truly nice I was.

Bucolic wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 am
sikacz wrote:Thin skin that one has. Truly nice I was.
I agree Bucolic
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan