Re: Hello from Pa

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Chuck64 said:

I found this forum through a search on Tapatalk.
So far I only shoot 9mm Pistols.
"Only" - there is no need for "only". 9mm is a very respectable round. And a hoot to shoot.

I love my .357s. They demand respect. But if I want a fun range day, it is 9mm all the way.

Welcome to McHale's Navy Chuck64. May I suggest you go look at some of the really excellent 2A writings on the forum. I learned more here than I ever learned in history class. And unlike the slightly more rabid right-of-center sites, most of the ideas here are adult, well argued and of sound reasoning. I may not agree with everyone on this forum, but I will go shooting with anyone here and not fear for my safety.

Chuck64 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:01 pm Currently I have Glock 19 Gen 4 which I EDC. Interested in the 19X and a CZ P07 as my next purchases.
Howdy from Seattle!

Can we tempt you with the idea of a .22 pistol? I'm most partial to Ruger MkIIs myself, but the other generations of Ruger Marks, Colt Woodsman, Browning Buckmark, various High Standards, S&W Victory, etc. are a ton of fun to shoot, and the long sight radius and low recoil make it easier to look skilled. Hell, even I hit the black part of the target sometimes!

With decent ammo back under six cents a round, you can put A LOT of holes in targets for the price of box of 9 mm.

edit: I'm not saying the gun will pay for itself, but the cost of ammo for an extra hour at the range seems less wasteful, if you are sensitive to that. For purely recreational shooting, these things are outstanding unless you demand a lot of recoil and blast.
Last edited by Buck13 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Hi Chuck, from adjacent NJ!
Until I got a revolver, everything I had is 9mm--a Sig P320, an H-K VP9, a Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine, and a Kel-Tec Sub2000 carbine.
The wheel gun is Ruger .357 / .38 special and the lever-action rifle on the way shares the Ruger ammo.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."