Hello from PA

:newhere: Hey everyone. I just joined LGC yesterday after reading a bit about the organization over the past year or so, and I joined the forum this morning. I'm an NRA Life Member who's found himself disillusioned and dissatisfied with that organization for quite a while - especially in recent times. I strongly agree with LGC's positions on less regulation, more enforcement of existing laws, and fewer restrictions, so here I am.

A little about me: I was born and raised in NYC, but for the past 4 years I've called northeastern PA home. I still work and spend part of my week in NYC. Target shooting, hunting, and the 2nd Amendment are some of my biggest passions in life, and I'm also somewhat of a collector. My gun collection extends from the late 19th century to the present, ranging from Mosin-Nagants, Mausers, and Lee-Enfields to more modern platforms like the FAL, AK, and AR. Politically I'm independent - I dislike both politics and politicians - but I lean libertarian, and I'm a firm believer that rust and politicians are a firearm's two greatest enemies. :D

Re: Hello from PA

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

:welcome:
Is Bluto a real name? I always thought it was as realistic a name as Olives.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Hello from Lehigh County. Moved here from Minnesota 13 years ago. Work in Manhattan. Fairly new to shooting. Not an NRA member. Lead progressive politically, although a registered Independent for 30 years. Charlie Dent, Colin Powell are two of my kind of Republicans. Basically, Rockefeller type Republicans. Otherwise, I've got to vote Democrat and don't care if the Democrat is Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren or Bugs Bunny. Any D over almost any R, except the few of the kind I just named.

Hope you enjoy the club.
"The last thing right-wing nuts, fascists and haters want is liberals owning guns and knowing how to use them." - Wise Liberal