Re: Hello from SoCal!

Howdy & :welcome:

I happen to be south of you visiting family in Covina at the moment. Hit me up if you want to go plinkin'.

:D
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Marlene wrote:
featureless wrote:As a fellow Californian, you picked a rough time to pick up the hobby! Welcome aboard.
Why? Do we not still have the best ranges on the planet?
Why? Let me count the ways.... (you're funny!)

1. Ammo: ShooterMcGavin, if you want some for reasonable prices, order online ASAP. No imports allowed from online vendors starting January 1. SGammo has good prices on bulk 5.56 and I believe is still taking CA orders until next week.

2. Magazine Capacity: Curtailed since 2000. Criminals can have them (because... criminals) but you can't unless you had them prior to 2000. Further curtailed (pending) in 2016 to confiscate those you legally owned.

3. AR ridiculousness: ShooterMcGavin seems to have encountered this already. :)

4. Handgun roster: Have you tried to obtain a striker-fired S&W, Ruger or later gen Glock recently? What about a 238 in that lovely rainbow color? You can only have black or two tone. The other colors are much to dangerous.

5. 2014 Long gun registration

6. Pending semi-auto rifle ban: Brown vetoed the last one but it's Newsom's wet dream.

7. Concealed Cary: Licenses issued by County Sheriff based on subjective criteria (good cause).

8. No SBRs. 16" is fine, anything shorter is no bueno, even though the Feds regulate them very strictly.

9. No suppressors. Hearing must be damaged. Surprised eye protection isn't mandatory yet.

I guess that's nine. I'm fine with most of the other laws. These give this second class citizen a rash. :evo:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hope to see you at a meet up..

fwiw..You can see California as a glass half empty or a glass half full when it comes to gun laws. Sure, they are annoying. But there is a lot more to being involved with firearms than AR's, bottom feeding pistols, and stockpiling cheap ammo.

featureless wrote:
Marlene wrote:
featureless wrote:As a fellow Californian, you picked a rough time to pick up the hobby! Welcome aboard.
Why? Do we not still have the best ranges on the planet?
Why? Let me count the ways.... (you're funny!)

1. Ammo: ShooterMcGavin, if you want some for reasonable prices, order online ASAP. No imports allowed from online vendors starting January 1. SGammo has good prices on bulk 5.56 and I believe is still taking CA orders until next week.

2. Magazine Capacity: Curtailed since 2000. Criminals can have them (because... criminals) but you can't unless you had them prior to 2000. Further curtailed (pending) in 2016 to confiscate those you legally owned.

3. AR ridiculousness: ShooterMcGavin seems to have encountered this already. :)

4. Handgun roster: Have you tried to obtain a striker-fired S&W, Ruger or later gen Glock recently? What about a 238 in that lovely rainbow color? You can only have black or two tone. The other colors are much to dangerous.

5. 2014 Long gun registration

6. Pending semi-auto rifle ban: Brown vetoed the last one but it's Newsom's wet dream.

7. Concealed Cary: Licenses issued by County Sheriff based on subjective criteria (good cause).

8. No SBRs. 16" is fine, anything shorter is no bueno, even though the Feds regulate them very strictly.

9. No suppressors. Hearing must be damaged. Surprised eye protection isn't mandatory yet.

I guess that's nine. I'm fine with most of the other laws. These give this second class citizen a rash. :evo:
Bleeding Heart Liberal with Second Amendment Benefits.

drigeba wrote: fwiw..You can see California as a glass half empty or a glass half full when it comes to gun laws. Sure, they are annoying. But there is a lot more to being involved with firearms than AR's, bottom feeding pistols, and stockpiling cheap ammo.
Sorry, didn't mean to harsh the buzz. Guess I was grumpy yesterday. I'm happy there is another California liberal getting into the game. Now back to the regularly scheduled welcomes!