Hello from St. Johns, Oregon

Greetings, brothers and sisters,

I am certainly not new to guns, but I am new to gun clubs. After years of the fear of being outed as a gun owner to my progressive friends, I am embracing my identity as a Progressive Gun Owner. I am hoping to connect with fellow travelers in Portland and perhaps shoot and attend gun shows as a Liberal bloc. I am very tired of enduring the macho right-wing histrionics alone and in silence. I look forward to meeting you all here and in person! Arm the Left!

All the best,
The Rev.

Re: Hello from St. Johns, Oregon

Huckleberry,

At the moment, I only own revolvers. I have a Ruger .357 GP100, a couple of old-school Smith Bodyguard .38's and a Ruger .45 Blackhawk. I've been considering picking up a .9mm semi to save money on ammo and simply to be more well-rounded as a shooter. I'm actually considering a .9mm 1911, as I am drawn to that classic design. I once owned a .45 1911, but, as I am generally a fan of the double-action trigger, I found that I was a bit freaked-out by the cocked-and-locked thing. I think I might be ready to revisit this style, though...

Thanks,
The Rev.

Howdy from Houston! :welcome:
You will definitely have friends around here with that Revolver collection of yours.
I to am not a fan of "Cock and Lock", that said, I am also not a fan of "Striker Fire."
Nothing beats a good old double action.
Admittedly though, I do own a couple of each. Just because you don't care for something doesn't mean it's not fun to own or shoot.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

Hey Rev!

Welcome from Gettysburg!

Let me be the first to suggest you look at a CZ 75 or one of its variants or clones. SA/DA, great ergonomics, good capacity, great value for the $$ and lots of advice from the CZ fanboys and fangirls around here.

Also, lots of Portandiers (Portlandites?) around here who should be waking up soon...

Tell it, brother!

Howdy and :welcome: from Oregon, from another liberal gun owner who came out of the closet later in life. :wave:

We haz a large contingent of armed liberals in Portland, as well as a local Oregon Chapter of the LGC. We've been quiet lately, but have regular meets and range days. Look for the next one happening in the Portland area in September.

Never mind about that CZ 75, let me show you this nice, reliable Glock... Oh, who am I kidding? What Bucolic said. ;)

Again, welcome!
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six

Lefton2nd wrote: I'll czech out the CZ's for sure. I had been thinking about a Berretta, which seems like a similar design, anyway.
I think my heart just stopped for a second there... I don't think you meant what I think you meant. If you had said the Browning and he CZ were a similar in design I may have forgiven that error but... a Berretta!?! Heresy!

Oh yes... :welcome: .
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Sorry, yall,

Like I said, I'm a revolver guy, and I'm totally unfamiliar with CZ. I simply meant similar as in: European 9mm DA/SA semi with a decocker. Any subtleties beyond this are, for the moment, lost on this wheelgun guy. No heresy was intended! Please pardon my ignorance, and feel free to school me on the details.

All the best,
The Rev.

Lefton2nd wrote:Sorry, yall,

Like I said, I'm a revolver guy, and I'm totally unfamiliar with CZ. I simply meant similar as in: European 9mm DA/SA semi with a decocker. Any subtleties beyond this are, for the moment, lost on this wheelgun guy. No heresy was intended! Please pardon my ignorance, and feel free to school me on the details.

All the best,
The Rev.
Firstly. :welcome:

There are quite a few of us that worship under the altar of Sam Colt and Smith & Wesson. Most of us acknowledge and celebrate anything that goes bang.
LGC Texas - Vice President

Bisbee,

I'll do my best! I've been reading reviews and forum posts about the 75 and the 92 this afternoon. It seems like the CZ is winning the popularity contest. I'll try to compare the two in person when the next gun show comes around... And when is that, fellow Portlanders? We're due for a big one at the Expo pretty soon, I imagine...

Thanks, all,

The Rev.

Lefton2nd wrote:Bisbee,

I'll do my best! I've been reading reviews and forum posts about the 75 and the 92 this afternoon. It seems like the CZ is winning the popularity contest. I'll try to compare the two in person when the next gun show comes around... And when is that, fellow Portlanders? We're due for a big one at the Expo pretty soon, I imagine...

Thanks, all,

The Rev.
Sept. 9-10 at the Expo Center. $10 admission $8 parking ($7 if 3 or more are pooling)
https://www.wesknodelgunshows.com/portland
Cynistoicureanism: The world view best expressed by "I can't trust 'em any farther then I can throw 'em, There's nothing I can do about it anyway, So let's have a drink".