Greetings from Eastern Idaho

Howdy from Idaho. I found this web side, in my search for a good place to talk guns, reloading and shooting and hopefully around a few folks who share more of my views. I have been a shooter/reloader for over 30 years. I am also an avid fly fisherman/fly tyer and photographer. I am a Teamster by trade.

I prefer old guns myself, LA rifles and old hog legs. I have a CCW permit and so does my wife. When we go pn photo trips or out fishing or picking berries, she packs a Taurus Track Titanium 41 Mag and she can shoot it. I pack on old Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Special. In Grizzly Country, I carry either my Custom Ruger SBH 45 Colt built by John Linebaugh or my 450 Marlin Guide Gun. I don't hunt much any more but I am not opposed to fair chase hunting. I just prefer to shoot targets and eat beef and go fly fishing.

Thx for your time. I hope to find a chatting home here.

Dave
The most practical kind of politics is the politics of decency.
Theodore Roosevelt

Re: Greetings from Eastern Idaho

judgepacker wrote:Are you our first Idahoan? Did I say that correctly? Welcome!
First, thx to all for your warm welcome.

Next, I would not surprise me to be your first visitor from Idaho....as I must be one of very few, Idahoan 'Leftist' gun owners in this state.....I might say, one of the few 'any kind of leftist' in this state.

Dave
Theodore Roosevelt

Welcome, sure would like too see a pic of the Linebaugh. I have a precision center BFR in 45colt that I'm busy playing with right now and have a bunch of heavy hitter loads too try out when the weather breaks up here in Northern Mn this next week.
"Hillary Clinton is the finest, bravest, kindest, the most wonderful person I've ever known in my whole life" Raymond Shaw

eelj wrote:Welcome, sure would like too see a pic of the Linebaugh. I have a precision center BFR in 45colt that I'm busy playing with right now and have a bunch of heavy hitter loads too try out when the weather breaks up here in Northern Mn this next week.

Here it is - along with my old Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Sp. The Linebaugh 45 Colt is a 'mutt' of a shooter he put together for me over 20 years ago. It is from a SBH Ruger frame but a fluted cylinder from a Vaquero. It is NOT one of his conversion, oversized 5 hole guns. He punched the cylinder from .43 out to .452. The gun has been sent back two times for a tune up and re bluing. It needs a reblue again bad. It is a tool, not a work of art but it shoots very well and the trigger is crisp. I have two loads I run through it - one is a 265 gr Keith SWC at around 1000fps for a general purpose, the other is my 'bear swatter' load - a 325gr LFN LBT hard cast over enough H110 to get it over 1200fps. It will shoot through a buffalo. I know because it already has. The gun has never shot a jacketed bullet...nor a factory load.

Theodore Roosevelt

DCG wrote:
eelj wrote:Welcome, sure would like too see a pic of the Linebaugh. I have a precision center BFR in 45colt that I'm busy playing with right now and have a bunch of heavy hitter loads too try out when the weather breaks up here in Northern Mn this next week.

Here it is - along with my old Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Sp. The Linebaugh 45 Colt is a 'mutt' of a shooter he put together for me over 20 years ago. It is from a SBH Ruger frame but a fluted cylinder from a Vaquero. It is NOT one of his conversion, oversized 5 hole guns. He punched the cylinder from .43 out to .452. The gun has been sent back two times for a tune up and re bluing. It needs a reblue again bad. It is a tool, not a work of art but it shoots very well and the trigger is crisp. I have two loads I run through it - one is a 265 gr Keith SWC at around 1000fps for a general purpose, the other is my 'bear swatter' load - a 325gr LFN LBT hard cast over enough H110 to get it over 1200fps. It will shoot through a buffalo. I know because it already has. The gun has never shot a jacketed bullet...nor a factory load.

Those are some great looking handguns.

:welcome: from Bakersfield, CA.
This place can go fuck itself.

DCG wrote:
judgepacker wrote:Are you our first Idahoan? Did I say that correctly? Welcome!
First, thx to all for your warm welcome.

Next, I would not surprise me to be your first visitor from Idaho....as I must be one of very few, Idahoan 'Leftist' gun owners in this state.....I might say, one of the few 'any kind of leftist' in this state.

Dave
I know a few liberals in Idaho... but they're all in Boise.

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment
We live at a time when emotions and feelings count more than truth,
and there is a vast ignorance of science.
James Lovelock

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
-William G. McAdoo, lawyer and politician (1863-1941)