New Member in Illinois

Hey everyone! New guy here, name's Chuck.

I loves me some guns. Well, obviously. I've been shooting since I was bing enough to hold my first Chipmunk .22. Just got a nice RRA LAR-15, but I'll always love my 1897 hammer gun and my SKS. I'm one of those crazy radical leftists (ya know that post in this forum, with pictures and discussions on the IWW? That's my union!).

I was signed up as a lifetime NRA member before I knew what it stood for, but their "liberal boogeyman" advertising and pleas for votes have always turned me off. It was a very refreshing thing to find a group of progressives who enjoy firearms.

Thanks again!

-Chuck

Re: New Member in Illinois

MtnMan wrote:Welcome, and get Elwood to sign up too.
Whenever I've traveled around the country and someone asks where I'm from, they've almost never heard of Joliet. If I ask if they saw the BB, suddenly they remember. But then, my cousins in California honestly thought Joliet was a circle of houses around the prison until they visited.

Hey, whats up, Chuck.

I used to live in Chicago, and my boss would once a month take off for Joliet. He never would talk about it, any more than he was going to visit someone at the prison. That's really all I know about Joliet, except what I've passed by on I-80.

Anyway, welcome.
Capitalism was reasonably content under Hitler, happy under Mussolini, very happy under Franco and delirious under General Pinochet. -- John Ralston Saul

New Member in Illinois

irishman wrote::welcome: from the red neck part of Illinois......
He's from Joliet how's that different?
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Paladin wrote:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, it's like that, huh? ;) You must be one uh them thar hi-falutin' Cheecagoh libruhls. :P

It ain't so bad. Just wish we had a nickname other than Prison City.

joliet wrote:
Paladin wrote:
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, it's like that, huh? ;) You must be one uh them thar hi-falutin' Cheecagoh libruhls. :P

It ain't so bad. Just wish we had a nickname other than Prison City.
Don't mind him. He is not as big a chooch as he seems. At least not always.

Welcome from another movie related NE Illinois city - Wayne's World.
"Endeavor to persevere."