Re: Hello from SoCal

FlyGuy wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:42 am Howdy from Houston! I just wanted to agree that there is not a whole lot better in life than a Revolver Range Day! I bring the whole family .22, .38/.357, .45, 9mm, 10mm, and lest we forget the 30-30.
30_30BFR.JPG
Hi, Fly! Yow, I know I'm a rookie, but that looks really exotic. What is it like to shoot? Not a good candidate for the Mexican Tuck, huh?!

I'm not even used to the smooth-cylinder thing. The magnum cylinder for the RR arrived today... clashes a bit in the shiny black b/c the gun and handle have a matte finish, but the other colors Heritage had for WMR were kind of weird-- they've got a bronze one, kind of a rainbow one. I don't really care that much how it looks... practiced removing and loading a bunch of times, cocking and decocking, and the action on both seems identical, though I won't know until I try them. Argh, so frustrating I can't get to the range! Every day after work is stacked with errands straight through the weekend.

Ratter Magnum Small
Ratter Magnum Small.jpeg

SunRiseWest wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:17 pm
Hi, Fly! Yow, I know I'm a rookie, but that looks really exotic. What is it like to shoot? Not a good candidate for the Mexican Tuck, huh?!
It's actually a light shot. The round was developed for a barrel at least twice as long, mine's 10". So, there is still powder burning as the bullet is leaving the end of the barrel. Someone earlier made the observation about it creating very large flash/bang. Lot's of fun to shoot, but nonetheless, a safe queen.

Practice safely and often. .22's are fun, revolvers help slow down the ammo usage.
Never confuse knowledge with intelligence.

It's hard, but not impossible, to get off-roster guns in Cali. I gifted my son a P320 I purchased in NJ then had my FFL ship it to his FFL as a gift. So he owns it legally.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

...and with the new grips. $30. They do not fit perfectly-- the plastic ones did-- but still, a huge improvement, I think.

Feels nicer in the hand, too. It's already two pounds, so what's a few more grams?

Takes a little work to make Rough Rider's NOT look like toy guns!
Ratter New Grip.jpg