New member in Indiana

Greetings everyone!

New member from Indianapolis area, Indiana. Both wife and I are paid members and newer gun owners. I’m also a middle school teacher, did three years in low income urban education and just moved out towards the suburbs. Just was tired of all the MAGA/Trump crap out here and wanted to talk firearms with more sane company.

I’ve also been training a lot. Been doing my time at a buddies range down in Bloomington with a bunch of other liberals, but wanted to be part of a larger community and support sensible gun laws and right.

Anyways, hello!

Re: New member in Indiana

Bucolic wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:07 am
lurker wrote:no 1911, ;)
No CZs?

Welcome from Gettysburg.
I was going to mention CZs, but didn't want to look like a Glock Fanboy.

Newbies should just remember the initials CZ for semi-autos (CZUB); revolvers (Dan Wesson); and 1911s (Colt). Plus CZ and Brno rifles.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Nope, no CZ. Also after all the training I’ve been doing with my Glock 19x, I am a fanboy. I mean thing just goes bang, accurately and holds 19+1. Plus the color...perfection. Lol.

Maybe someday I’ll get a 1911...when .45ACP can be found and I don’t have to pay taxes again!

I’ll get into collecting once things normalize hopefully in the next year or two.

:welcome:

From Louisville, just down I-65 and across the (toll) bridge (although there are ways around that...).

I've heard (on here) that there might be a gun shop up your way owned by a Black family, contrary to the usual MAGA-crowd ownership. If you see any details, please let me know. Hiker and I (we've been friends for years) might want to drive up and have a look.
Eventually I'll figure out this signature thing and decide what I want to put here.