New here!

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 11138
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by YankeeTarheel »

Hi from NJ!
Franklinville, I see, is west of Siler City, which I've gone through on fun motorcycle rides, and is west of Pittsboro--I have friends who've lived there since before it was a Raleigh and Chapel Hill suburb. I used to live in Carrboro, and have a brother who just moved out of Chapel Hill to south of Efland.

How'd you land there, if you don't mind my asking?
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

User avatar
0311Eric
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by 0311Eric »

Awesome!! My best friend lives in Efland (about an hour away). I honestly don't remember exactly how I found this group, but I've known about it for a whole and just never got around to signing up. If my memory is right, I met someone at a local range who was part of a socialist gun club and may have mentioned something about LGC as well.

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 11138
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by YankeeTarheel »

0311Eric wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Awesome!! My best friend lives in Efland (about an hour away). I honestly don't remember exactly how I found this group, but I've known about it for a whole and just never got around to signing up. If my memory is right, I met someone at a local range who was part of a socialist gun club and may have mentioned something about LGC as well.
Both my brother and my friends make me look Conservative and I consider myself a Liberal Progressive! Yet somehow they get along with their mostly Trumpist communities.
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

User avatar
0311Eric
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by 0311Eric »

YankeeTarheel wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm
0311Eric wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Awesome!! My best friend lives in Efland (about an hour away). I honestly don't remember exactly how I found this group, but I've known about it for a whole and just never got around to signing up. If my memory is right, I met someone at a local range who was part of a socialist gun club and may have mentioned something about LGC as well.
Both my brother and my friends make me look Conservative and I consider myself a Liberal Progressive! Yet somehow they get along with their mostly Trumpist communities.
I also consider myself liberal progressive, and my spouse is basically Karl Marx reincarnate πŸ˜‚ Oh I won't touch that community with a 10' pole at this point. I just.....can't. I've lost a lot of Marine buddies over it too.

User avatar
skydaver
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:09 pm
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by skydaver »

Eric, look for lgcnc in Facebook, answer the membership number question, & I'll get you in there.

User avatar
0311Eric
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by 0311Eric »

skydaver wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 10:11 pm
Eric, look for lgcnc in Facebook, answer the membership number question, & I'll get you in there.
Thank you!

User avatar
lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 14325
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: spencer, nc.
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by lurker »

i love it when a plan comes together!

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 11138
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by YankeeTarheel »

0311Eric wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 10:11 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm
0311Eric wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 9:53 pm
Awesome!! My best friend lives in Efland (about an hour away). I honestly don't remember exactly how I found this group, but I've known about it for a whole and just never got around to signing up. If my memory is right, I met someone at a local range who was part of a socialist gun club and may have mentioned something about LGC as well.
Both my brother and my friends make me look Conservative and I consider myself a Liberal Progressive! Yet somehow they get along with their mostly Trumpist communities.
I also consider myself liberal progressive, and my spouse is basically Karl Marx reincarnate πŸ˜‚ Oh I won't touch that community with a 10' pole at this point. I just.....can't. I've lost a lot of Marine buddies over it too.
So sorry! I gotta ask again: What's in Franklinville that keeps you there?
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

User avatar
0311Eric
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by 0311Eric »

An amazing property. That's literally it lol. Moved here from Greensboro a year ago

User avatar
YankeeTarheel
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 11138
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 pm
Location: The Jughandle State
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by YankeeTarheel »

0311Eric wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 pm
An amazing property. That's literally it lol. Moved here from Greensboro a year ago
Ah. I get that. Haven't been in Greensboro since 1978. Long, boring story...Well, not so long, just boring! :lol:
""If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you." -- LBJ

User avatar
sig230
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:39 pm
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by sig230 »

YankeeTarheel wrote: ↑
Sat May 23, 2020 12:09 am
0311Eric wrote: ↑
Fri May 22, 2020 11:18 pm
An amazing property. That's literally it lol. Moved here from Greensboro a year ago
Ah. I get that. Haven't been in Greensboro since 1978. Long, boring story...Well, not so long, just boring! :lol:
Lived in Greensboro in the late 1960s.
To be vintage it must be older than me! Coming to you from Deep South Texas!

User avatar
BluVett
Helpful Contributor
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:25 pm
Location: TN
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by BluVett »

Welcome from another Vet (USAF) in Greenback, TN!
"...You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it." --F Scott Fitzgerald, from "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button."

User avatar
0311Eric
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: New here!

Post by 0311Eric »

Thank you! You folks have so wonderfully welcoming m I truly appreciate it

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: YankeeTarheel and 5 guests