Hello from San Diego

Used to shoot at American Shooting Center on Ruffin, but that location closed. Now I mainly shoot at Poway Weapons and Gear, but I dislike that Fox News is always playing there and would also like an outdoor range to spare my hearing. Would appreciate any suggestions. (Is San Diego Police Revolver Club operational?)

I mainly shoot a 9mm full-sized HK USP, but I also have an SW M&P shield, and a couple inherited revolvers-- a Colt 38 special snubby and a weirdly small .22 Remington.

Interested to be in touch with other liberal gun owners.

Re: Hello from San Diego

Welcome from Lexington KY
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

I lived in Escondido for about 10 years, but the firearms stayed out of sight. I did shoot a .22 pump pellet rifle. Shot it in my back yard. The wife had flower beds back there, flowers that rabbits seemed to love, marigolds as I recall. Always 3 or 4 back there, nearly every morning.

Once shot a coyote that was back there. It decided to be elsewhere quickly.

We left in 2006 as property values were starting to fall, so I have no idea, sorry.

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

mike001 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:31 am K9s I think I found the club just googling around a few years ago... finally decided to sign up for the forum.
I lurked here a few years on and off, too. Saw an article, decided it was real after all, and decided to go back and join up.
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hey! Just moved back to Downtown SD. Used to live here from 2011-2016. If I want something close by, then Discount Gun Mart off Morena Blvd is my go-to. Generally friendly people. For outdoor ranges, my favorite is South Bay Rod and Gun Club. Great outdoor range. However it is all the way in Dulzura, CA so it's a bit of a drive from Poway (think 1 hr).

metroatlien wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 am Hey! Just moved back to Downtown SD. Used to live here from 2011-2016. If I want something close by, then Discount Gun Mart off Morena Blvd is my go-to. Generally friendly people. For outdoor ranges, my favorite is South Bay Rod and Gun Club. Great outdoor range. However it is all the way in Dulzura, CA so it's a bit of a drive from Poway (think 1 hr).
:welcome:
what do you shoot? better still, start your own intro thread!
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

metroatlien wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:55 am Hey! Just moved back to Downtown SD. Used to live here from 2011-2016. If I want something close by, then Discount Gun Mart off Morena Blvd is my go-to. Generally friendly people. For outdoor ranges, my favorite is South Bay Rod and Gun Club. Great outdoor range. However it is all the way in Dulzura, CA so it's a bit of a drive from Poway (think 1 hr).
Hey, welcome back to SD!

Do you know anything about the San Diego Police Revolver Club? It looks like a nearby outdoor range, but I can't tell if it's still open.

San Diego PD range is still open. Good place to shoot but they have limits on the ammo you can shoot. For 9mm, it may mean using their reloads. The only failures I’ve had in my G17 are from shooting their ammo.

Not sure how much they check, though.

I avoid discount gun mart as I have had different experiences with their friendliness. I just went to the Gun Range San Diego yesterday for the first time and it was nice enough. LGC held an event there, so at least they’re not rabidly anti-liberal.

And welcome from Ocean Beach.