Re: NFTs

Don’t doooooit! Don’t click on da link!

-edit-

Sorry, thought I was jumping on a grenade for youz guyz. Nevermind...
:whistle:
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

I don't know if this is spam or not, but NFTs *are* a hot new thing in technology. The idea is that you can use blockchain technology to make a peice of digital art (or something else digital?) that can be positively identified as *the* original and not just a copy. That way you can have tradable digital commodities with real world value. Like a digital painting that only you possess. gunsandcoding is trying to think of ways to use this to help promote the 2nd amendment.

Since this is a legitimate topic of discussion, no matter what the original intent, I'm letting this one stand.
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

Eris wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:33 pm I don't know if this is spam or not, but NFTs *are* a hot new thing in technology. The idea is that you can use blockchain technology to make a peice of digital art (or something else digital?) that can be positively identified as *the* original and not just a copy. That way you can have tradable digital commodities with real world value. Like a digital painting that only you possess. gunsandcoding is trying to think of ways to use this to help promote the 2nd amendment.

Since this is a legitimate topic of discussion, no matter what the original intent, I'm letting this one stand.
Thank You Eris. You are correct in what my intent is. I’m trying to sell a NFT and donate the money to 2A advocacy and org(s). Since to my knowledge this will be the first nft to be auctioned like this I am hoping it’ll generate some buzz and hopefully more members of the community who are much more gifted than me in arts would also contribute. And overall it’ll be a positive thing for our RTKBA. Again, as I wrote in the article I’m not going to be making any money off of this. I’ve listed it for $100 and assuming it actually goes for that I’ll be donating $90 from it. However just to list this item on the marketplace I had to pay the gas fee which is much more than $10. I can pm the mods the screenshots if needed. My only intent is to start this trend and bring awareness of this tech in our community. 🙏🏻

lurker wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:43 pm looking over your previous 5 posts to the forum since you joined 3 months ago... maybe if you had a history of participation.
Sorry not too active since a lot going on in life. I do make sure to post a weekly update on my substack however. Once things settle down a bit I’ll have more content

gunsandcoding wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:37 pm
K9s wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm Which advocacy groups?
GOA and SAF are my two picks. Definitely not giving anything to NRA
Maybe start by supporting the Liberal Gun Club?
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

geno wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:51 pm
gunsandcoding wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:37 pm
K9s wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:28 pm Which advocacy groups?
GOA and SAF are my two picks. Definitely not giving anything to NRA
Maybe start by supporting the Liberal Gun Club?
Didn’t know this is a donatable org. Will definitely keep that in mind from now on. Thanks