Idlely Entering Gun Giveaways

Something that I have found myself doing lately if I have 5 idle minutes just kinda playing with my phone instead of playing a mobile game I will look up the random gun giveaways that seem to be running all year round and enter 1 or 2 of them. I really dont expect to win but it's a bit like spending a dollar on the lottery, nice to dream for say 20 minutes that I might win something I'm never going to have otherwise(I cant justify a SCAR). Anyone else do this?

I use https://gungiveaways.net/ to locate the current giveaways.

Re: Idlely Entering Gun Giveaways

sig230 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:34 pm I keep looking but so far haven't found any giveaways with something I would like to have.
That's fair. I'm just starting out with my journey of firearm ownership so for me for instance I've never had a bolt gun(I dont hunt and I've never shot over 75 yards) so any bolt gun but especially a long range one would be something of interest to me but not something I need or would spend tons of money to set up so a giveaway is a great excuse for the the idea. If I happen to win a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun with a fancy scope I have a reason to try something new. Those that have their gun collections fairly set probably dont have as much of a reason to enter.

Re: Idlely Entering Gun Giveaways

Rossifan1782 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:49 pm
sig230 wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:34 pm I keep looking but so far haven't found any giveaways with something I would like to have.
That's fair. I'm just starting out with my journey of firearm ownership so for me for instance I've never had a bolt gun(I dont hunt and I've never shot over 75 yards) so any bolt gun but especially a long range one would be something of interest to me but not something I need or would spend tons of money to set up so a giveaway is a great excuse for the the idea. If I happen to win a 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun with a fancy scope I have a reason to try something new. Those that have their gun collections fairly set probably dont have as much of a reason to enter.
Yet I keep looking and don't enter if it's something others might want more than I would.
To be vintage it must be older than me!
The next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy. PROMISE!
jim