Re: Any other Witches/Wiccans/Wooy Types?

SpaceRanger42 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm Spara, you might be surprised how many people in the Wiccan/pagan community have their ordination through UU, or you might not, I dunno. There is a lot of crossover there though.

Good answers folks, thanks for the input.
I met a fair number of folks who believed in "earth centered beliefs" at a UU congregation that I used to attend. I'm an atheist and lapsed Catholic but I really loved how so many people from different faith traditions would come together as a community to work towards social justice and peace. I also learned a lot from everyone, which is what I treasure the most.

spara wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:52 am
SpaceRanger42 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:35 pm Spara, you might be surprised how many people in the Wiccan/pagan community have their ordination through UU, or you might not, I dunno. There is a lot of crossover there though.

Good answers folks, thanks for the input.
I met a fair number of folks who believed in "earth centered beliefs" at a UU congregation that I used to attend. I'm an atheist and lapsed Catholic but I really loved how so many people from different faith traditions would come together as a community to work towards social justice and peace. I also learned a lot from everyone, which is what I treasure the most.
I'm a lapsed Atheist and now (as described by my wife) am a devout Agnostic.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

I've posted this before, but it might hit a few new funnybones.

The difference between an atheist and an agnostic by example:

One of each comes across the burning bush.

The agnostic immediately starts looking for the audio playback device.

The atheist just left to get marshmallows.

Ta-Dum.

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

SubRosa wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:45 pm I've posted this before, but it might hit a few new funnybones.

The difference between an atheist and an agnostic by example:

One of each comes across the burning bush.

The agnostic immediately starts looking for the audio playback device.

The atheist just left to get marshmallows.

Ta-Dum.

SR
If I came across a burning bush, regardless of whether or not it was talking my first impulse would be to put the fire out, then I would scold the "god" for starting a wildfire!
106+ recreational uses of firearms
1 defensive use
0 people injured
0 people killed

YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am
Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 am I used to be Wiccan. In theory I still am, at least if an atheist can be Wiccan. I have an altar upstairs, but I only rarely use it these days
I don't even have an alter-ego. :roflmao:
I once had an uncle who always cracked up over his own corny jokes.

The family still refuses to say what happened to him...
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 pm
YankeeTarheel wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am
Eris wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:52 am I used to be Wiccan. In theory I still am, at least if an atheist can be Wiccan. I have an altar upstairs, but I only rarely use it these days
I don't even have an alter-ego. :roflmao:
I once had an uncle who always cracked up over his own corny jokes.

The family still refuses to say what happened to him...
...but the tomatoes grow really big over one 4'x7' plot.....
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

One of my oldest and closest friends is a priest in the O.T.O. I was never tempted to join because some of the people are really sketchy, plus there is a big one up culture. Also, it seemed like the whole order was set up just to give Crowley's' ego a posthumous stroking. I did read a lot of Crowley's writings though, and found them very fascinating. This fiend also introduced me to Chaos Magic which was much more up my alley. I tried it a several times with various interesting results.

UnderNoPretext wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:27 am Lurker - lol That was a typo, but to be fair you should see the kinds of things that go on at O.T.O parties!

Wings - I can’t take the blame for 2020, but I might have had a little something to do with Pluto being declassified as a planet.
At the Old Observatory in Greenwich, UK, they have a telescope pointing at Pluto. And you see this......

pluto.JPG

UnderNoPretext wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:27 am Lurker - lol That was a typo, but to be fair you should see the kinds of things that go on at O.T.O parties!

Wings - I can’t take the blame for 2020, but I might have had a little something to do with Pluto being declassified as a planet.
I didn't have a dog in that fight, animated or otherwise, until y'all picked the stupidest possible way to vote it out of the party.