Re: My wife's bird feeder

Fill up the feeder and it's hours of entertainment, though might have to raise the bird feeder to keep the wild turkeys away. Had relatives in a rural coastal area that had an outdoor raccoon feeder that faced their large glass living room windows. It gave them hours of entertainment, they didn't have and didn't want a TV it was the wildlife and their books.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Yummy! Thanksgiving came early to JoelB’s household this year I see.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

lurker wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 am sometimes i have difficulty accepting that these guys are distant kin to T-Rex.
And our distant kin is a furry animal similar to a rat...
3708E4A7-1871-4EE4-AF51-B775E0B92711.jpeg
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-first-mammals-1093311
Hmmm, maybe that Creationist idea ain’t so terrible after all.
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence. There is hope for a violent man to become non-violent. There is no such hope for the impotent." -Gandhi

Bisbee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 am
lurker wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23 am sometimes i have difficulty accepting that these guys are distant kin to T-Rex.

3708E4A7-1871-4EE4-AF51-B775E0B92711.jpeg
https://www.thoughtco.com/the-first-mammals-1093311
that was a lovely read, and the places it links to, too! thanks! :thumbup:
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

Bisbee wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:24 am

Looks like Stephen Miller to me!
Only a whole lot more pleasant.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Nice! Ours has seen pheasants and peacocks, no turkeys yet.

Also, if it matters to you- for bird seed we started getting bulk sunflower seeds from a restaurant supply store- less mess and less expensive than the dedicated "no-mess" mix, and so far the birds seem to be thrilled.
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou

JoelB wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:53 pm We adopted a dog yesterday and she saw her first turkey. Surprisingly she still hasn't seen a deer.
We adopted a 2nd dog a week ago. That was when he saw his first cat, much less wildlife!
Luckily, the cat was raised from a kitten by a dog so he knows how to deal with them. They're OK together.
We have enough deer in suburban NJ that they are significant pests. We also have wild turkeys and geese, but no pheasants. We also have foxes and coyotes, but both are rarely seen.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Nounin wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:47 am Wow. They're so big. My wife also made a bird feeder once, but instead of birds, there came squirrels. At first, we were happy that we were helping them, but over time, we were afraid of the number of squirrels. Every day we saw about five or eight red squirrels there. I felt uneasy because I read that red squirrels are one of the most aggressive squirrels. I once found a squirrel in my kitchen (it had crept through an open window in the kitchen). This situation was repeated many times and each time I caught about four squirrels in the kitchen. I began to strain, and we removed the feeder from the yard, but to my surprise, the squirrels began to try to get into the house. It was getting scary, and I was forced to call treasure-coast.aaacwildliferemoval.spam/raccoon-removal]a professional wildlife removal service].
spam.JPG
this is what, #4 from this guy? took him 3 days to edit his link in.

i'm currently tracking 5 of these guys. a couple of them haven't spammed yet, but they fit the profile:
nounin, katoril, leliel, arael, and dragonpost.

it's something to do, possibly more productive than arguing about politics.
2 down, 3 to go.

here's an interesting member, on the forum today, 4/22/21:
yhasan1015 Joined Wed May 20, 2020 11:19 am Last active Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:53 pm
Last edited by lurker on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.