Re: Black Powder guys, Please lend me your expertise for a moment.

if it's a .44cal, it's what Pietta calls a "1851 Confederate Navy" which never existed in history, AFAIK.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/shootin ... s?slotId=0

$200 is normal retail, but they go on sale around the holidays and father's day, etc for about $180. Or you can sometimes find other discount offers that bring them down to that cost range.

The "pistol pellets" are probably considerably hotter than what most people would load in an open-top brasser (or even a steel frame if you're just target plinking). I think they're usually like 30gr? I typically only load about 15-18gr with a wad.. or 18gr powder and about 10gr throw of cornmeal filler if I want the ball seated closer to the top.
I have trouble with the stick capper and Rem #10's.. they're taller and get jammed up in the channel. I have to use one of the snail cappers. For some reason, the "bigger" #11's are shorter and seem to work just fine in the stick, but they'll be too loose on Pietta nipples.

I'm not familiar with that brand of powder but it's probably fine.

Can't see the size of the lead balls you got, but I do prefer .454 You can get away with .451's but they may not shave a complete ring when you ram it home.

You basically have the usual "starter kit" here that either gets you hooked and leads to spending a LOT more $$$ and prowling corners of the internet you never imagined.. and possibly shopping in clothing stores you previously mocked.. or it solidifies your thoughts that all this dirty black powder nonsense is for the birds..
Brian in StL