Stump Shooting

Anybody here into stumping or stump shooting. And if there's anyone Colorado do you know of any good spots in the Denver area or Colorado in general where it's okay, and safe to hunt those elusive stumps?

Thanks!
Dosis sola facit venenum.

"All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison." - Paracelsus (Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim late 1493 – September 24, 1541)

Re: Stump Shooting

We have cow tipping, but no enough clear cutting here in Missouri for stump shooting..

Actually cow tipping is a myth. Having worked on farms from 9 to 19, i can tell you that i dont care if you have 20 people pushing, you wont tip the cow. They will wake up and run off long before your could ever get enough force to even make a cow jiggle. We tried all kinds of things to move cattle. Even pushing with a truck.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

DwnRange wrote:Buy a target your arrows will thank you.
Have one. It gets monotonous. And judo points help save the arrows.

"All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes a thing not a poison." - Paracelsus (Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim late 1493 – September 24, 1541)

Unless I was shooting aluminum arrows and carried a pair of pliers, I don't think I'd on purpose shoot a stump. The good ones are elusive, though. Those are the ones filled with termites--arrows go through.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

CDFingers wrote:Unless I was shooting aluminum arrows and carried a pair of pliers, I don't think I'd on purpose shoot a stump. The good ones are elusive, though. Those are the ones filled with termites--arrows go through.

CDFingers
You don't need pliers. The judo points keep the arrow from fully penetrating the stump and also from burying in the ground if you miss.

Another fun thing to do with a stump, when you get bored of shooting it with arrows, is to drill a hole into it, pour some water in, and then a few days later pour sulfuric acid in. Be sure to stay upwind to avoid sudden death. Good eye protection and a wet rag over the mouth and nose might be good ideas too. Almost killed my next door neighbors that way. Fortunately they saw the fun in it, and not much of the paint in their upstairs bathroom was damaged.