Re: Laying off

Time for a crossbow!

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

Now I'm back up to two quivers. I find that if I ramp up too quickly after some time of not shooting, I get muscle pains. Oh, woe is me! Nah. I just learned to ramp up slowly.

I'm going to have to pick up a half dozen more arrows. I don't have that many matching ones. I want to try the Bullseye, so I need at least six matched arrows. I have four matched among the herd. On the list.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

If your still getting 2 quivers at 60, your doing good. ..lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

I post here in response to this thread

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47936

After having replied to it, I thought I'd like to shoot. Yet again I encountered a cat on the bag.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47904

Traditional archers pay more attention to the natural world than do compound bow archers, I've found. Compounders tend to shoot with sights, where trad shooters point and shoot, as it were.

Trad archers tend to feel the natural world more than do compounders. I think this is because compounders tend to use sights, whereas the trad archers just use the body and environment to aim.

Lately I'd been getting some pain in my elbow. Thought it would be time to lay off for a while--this is the traditional therapy for "archer's elbow" in non severe cases, such as mine.
http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/bowdoc/elbow/

Being a trad archer who also shoots compound, I kept looking for a sign it was time to unstring for a while. So, cats and a shoulder question about compound bows.

There ya go. A few weeks should do the trick.

CDFingers

After laying off this winter, the time to get back in arrived last week. I shot five from each side and rested half a week. Yesterday, six from each side. No problems, so Wednesday a full quiver from each side. I got bored with moving too quickly coming back in because of pain. So I avoid the pain by going slower. So far, so good.

CDFingers

Back up to a full quiver consistently from each side today. I can feel it back there. It's a good feeling after a winter of hunkering.

Archers who read this should know that the body changes slowly. Avoid trying to force the body to change quickly. It is unnatural, and doing so actually increases the time needed to achieve the goal.

CDFingers

I've been eyeing both longbows and recurves, in the thought of getting back into it. Household expenses have limited major acquisitions since summer, but - gimme that stimmy! Might help tide me over until ammo prices improve.

I'm exhausted from just mentally loading all those bowling balls in the trebuchet.

And imagining that direlect old building about 1/4 mi away exploding from the barrage.

SR
"Oozing charm from every pore, he oiled his way around the floor."

wings wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:57 pm I've been eyeing both longbows and recurves, in the thought of getting back into it. Household expenses have limited major acquisitions since summer, but - gimme that stimmy! Might help tide me over until ammo prices improve.
What ReThugs don't realize is EVERY expenditure by households getting stim checks is they ALL boost the economy, whether it's the necessities--food, clothing, shelter, etc, or the "I want but don't need" stuff.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

We all need a trebuchet with at least a quarter mile range. Once the bowling ball hits and sticks in the ground, I'll hit it with my recurve. Many arrows.

CDFingers