New Bench

Cleaned out the tool/storage area and put together my new chinese made Bench.
I couldn't even buy the wood let alone hardware for the 160 bucks this table costs. Then all the labor with pre-cut and drilled holes.
Anyway this room is in the garage and one could hardly tip toe through the room that's around 13 x 7 foot.
Had to call the shredder dude.
Lateral file cabinet is a great storage area for ammo.
Nice 5" vice courtesy of harbor freight as well.
Now all I need is Ac and a cot.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”
Attachments
20220313_154001_resized.jpg
20220317_162808_resized.jpg

Re: New Bench

That holster looks like its a period type to match the gun.
It's hard to find a good 5 inch vise at a box store these days.I love that one as it swivils 360 and has a pipe hold section below the jaws.
Whats cool about this bench is it comes with a wood vise. I believe the wood is Birch, pretty decent hardwood as hardwoods go. I may buy another. Heck, a sheet of exterior grade plywood is running 50+ bucks.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing,”

Ya gotta respect good bench dog holes. There are precise little metal feet with flat spots that fit those holes, and they're really useful. It pulls as well as pushes.

Too clean. Last pic is what awaits. ;-)

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

tonguengroover wrote:That holster looks like its a period type to match the gun.
It’s probably the worst holster I’ve made in the last 5 years too.

Here’s a pallet cleanser, that I made this past week:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDFingers wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:36 pm Ya gotta respect good bench dog holes. There are precise little metal feet with flat spots that fit those holes, and they're really useful. It pulls as well as pushes.

Too clean. Last pic is what awaits. ;-)

CDFingers
It came with four wood dogs besides the metal ones.
The wood comes pretty much unfinished so i gave it a light sand, water popped it and gave it some Watco Danish oil in cherry.
Last edited by tonguengroover on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

INVICTVS138 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:41 pm
tonguengroover wrote:That holster looks like its a period type to match the gun.
It’s probably the worst holster I’ve made in the last 5 years too.

Here’s a pallet cleanser, that I made this past week:

That's a beauty in the wild there.

Dang, price drop with super coupon. They can hardly keep them in stock.
This, prolly my last voluntary purchase of Chinese product until China denounces Russian war against Ukraine.
You can pick up a 50 cal metal ammo box for 5 bucks if you spend 50 bucks.
Coupons https://www.harborfreight.com/savings_c ... ro_coupons

https://www.harborfreight.com/60-in-4-d ... GED&plcc=N

SubRosa wrote:I'm really certain there are two workbenches in my shop.

Even if I can't see them right now.

Yours is very nice!

SR
Same - there’s no way I would take a picture of mine right now for public consumption.