Burning a hole in me pocket

Drove 6 hours round trip for some fish and chips today.

OK, it was actually for the spousal unit and I to have a nice out of town drive on a beautiful day, and to sell two guns for $1200. The fish and chips were a nice bonus (and hit the spot).

Now I have more room in the safe, and $1200 in my wallet going, "Psst! Hey!"
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

Re: Burning a hole in me pocket

Llew wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:56 am
YankeeTarheel wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:16 am "Spousal unit?" If I referred to MY wife that way two guns wouldn't be enough to save me! I'd need, at least, an APC! :roflmao:
Me: Jeez, you'd rather tear apart a carburetor than wash a dish.
Her: Well, YEAH.

:laugh:
What's your point? I would, too! I think I like her already!

My wife wouldn't touch it, BUT if I couldn't figure something out, she'd look at it and in a couple of minutes see the answer. Did it when I was replacing a timing chain on a Yamaha 650 Maxim, and when I couldn't figure out what certain pieces were for, for a wall-hanging glass sink.
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

lurker wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:14 am :bananadance: what sort of things are you looking at/for?
Top of my list are an S&W 27-2 or 586 in 4", though I'd "settle" for a 686 or comparable Dan Wesson, and an S&W 1006, though I'd "settle" for a Colt Delta Elite.

Further down my list are a FAL/CETME/G3/etc. semi in .308, and a tactical 870 Rem in 12-ga.

At some point I might replace the Uberti Remington '58 w/ Taylor's conversion cylinder that I sold last year.

Doubt I'll ever find another 1899 Krag-Jorgensen carbine, though. :-(
Last edited by Llew on Tue May 04, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGC #58559867
אבראהאדאברא
θέλημα Αγάπη

wings wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:44 pm Frustration is pursuing any specific gun during a pandemic. Let it slide. Better opportunities await.
Seriously. I've had *actual* cash for guns I've been wanting for a long time, and they've been nowhere to be found, let alone decently priced. They're made of pure unobtanium. Frustrating.

Out of despair, I finally gave up and spent it on trivial things like home repair.
"I am not a number, I am a free man!" - Number Six