Re: New to the Safe in 2020!

The CZ is the .380, the Beretta the .32; I had a Beretta 84 (same frame as the 81) in the .380 years ago, that I always regretted selling it. The Beretta is one of the Italian police imports, it must have been assigned to office worker; except for the dings on the grips it shows no sign of wear. The Cz wasn't shot much either, in the .380 caliber the recoil seems about the same as my Cz 75 BD. But I was shooting some Spanish ammo I picked up off Gunbroker;
reading up on it on the internet its supposed to be a bit hotter than most.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

The CZ 82 was the Czech police pistol and when they transitioned a lot of them were sold here. I kick myself that I didn't have a C&R to buy some, there are videos of guys who use the 82 as their every day carry.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

I just ordered a new Remington 700 receiver including the bolt and trigger group from Midway. It's a left handed long action magnum. $399 plus shipping and tax. I'm planning on building my own custom 300 Win Mag.

Apparently they are left over stock since Remington is no longer in the firearms business.

geno wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:55 pm The CZ is the .380, the Beretta the .32; I had a Beretta 84 (same frame as the 81) in the .380 years ago, that I always regretted selling it. The Beretta is one of the Italian police imports, it must have been assigned to office worker; except for the dings on the grips it shows no sign of wear. The Cz wasn't shot much either, in the .380 caliber the recoil seems about the same as my Cz 75 BD. But I was shooting some Spanish ammo I picked up off Gunbroker;
reading up on it on the internet its supposed to be a bit hotter than most.
Geno, very nice looking guns. I’ve been wondering how Cz and Beretta relate — designs often seem very similar.

Northern wrote:
"Geno, very nice looking guns. I’ve been wondering how Cz and Beretta relate — designs often seem very similar."

I've only had them apart a couple of times, actually still need to clean them from the range trip. The Beretta is identical to the model 84 I owned years ago, with the exception of the caliber; and from what I read is slightly heavier do to the smaller bore of the barrel. The biggest difference is the Cz barrel is fixed to the frame and you disassemble it by pulling on the trigger guard down about a quarter inch releasing the slide; While the Beretta's barrel is more like what I think as typical for a semi-auto; held in the slide by the recoil spring and the recoil spring guide rod. On the Cz there's a recoil spring goes on the barrel.

Although I've wanted to replace the Beretta I sold for quite a period of time; I actually told the friend I sold it to that if he ever wanted to sell it I'd buy it back (he didn't). I purchased them hoping that one or the other might fit in my wife's smallish hands, while they do fit better than my 92s Beretta and my Cz 75 BD; while they do she really struggles with racking the slide on both of them. On that point the search continues.
"it's a goddamn impossible way of life"
"And so it goes"

geno wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:34 pm Northern wrote:
"Geno, very nice looking guns. I’ve been wondering how Cz and Beretta relate — designs often seem very similar."

I've only had them apart a couple of times, actually still need to clean them from the range trip. The Beretta is identical to the model 84 I owned years ago, with the exception of the caliber; and from what I read is slightly heavier do to the smaller bore of the barrel. The biggest difference is the Cz barrel is fixed to the frame and you disassemble it by pulling on the trigger guard down about a quarter inch releasing the slide; While the Beretta's barrel is more like what I think as typical for a semi-auto; held in the slide up the recoil spring and the recoil spring guide rod. On the Cz there's a recoil spring goes on the barrel.
Yup, like the Walther PP and PPK which also have fixed barrels and take down is similar.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan