PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

A place to review and talk about firearms, ammunition, optics, etc.

Moderators: admin, Inquisitor, ForumModerator, WebsiteContent

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19972
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#1 Post by senorgrand » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:32 pm

We have a new thread on what we all got in 2020.

I'm adding a thread on what's on our buy list for the year.

Try and post pics if you can.

I'm probably going to get a Model 63 for my birthday:

Image
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5081
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#2 Post by featureless » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 am

I want a Ruger LCRx 3" .357. It finally made it onto the roster. Ugly as it is, it would be the bees' knees for a woods/ranch gun.

Image

I also keenly want the Marlin MODEL 1894 CSBL, also a .357. Should be California future proof as well as useful for hunting/home protection.

Image

Who knows if budget will allow either. I need to sell my neglected Westfalia project...

User avatar
senorgrand
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 19972
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 am
Location: LGC MEMBER: Calif Central Coast
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#3 Post by senorgrand » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:09 pm

nice...nothing wrong with some .357...
Image

Grand Poobah and Bass Player for the Conspiracy of Weenies.

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5081
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#4 Post by featureless » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:12 pm

You'll have to teach me the reloading way.

Great thread idea, by the way.

User avatar
offensivename
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:05 pm
Location: Portland
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#5 Post by offensivename » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 pm

This is the year I find my good deal on a Trapdoor Springfield.

User avatar
Bucolic
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 7813
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 am
Location: Southern PA.
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#6 Post by Bucolic » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:36 pm

Model 41 S&W for me. Maybe a CZ 527. That’s all for 2020.
Neverthless, she persisted.

Image

User avatar
MaxwellG
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:37 pm
Location: The Berkeley of the Midwest
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#7 Post by MaxwellG » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:40 pm

I'd love one of these, a Taylor & Co "Smoke Wagon" in .45LC...the tuned version please...and a Lee Single Stage Press with a set of .45LC Dies.
Taylor Co Smoke Wagon.jpg
Last edited by MaxwellG on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Each generation of President goes a little bit further, becomes a little more criminal in nature. We cannot use the past to excuse the criminal actions of today.

User avatar
K9s
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 9095
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Location: LGC Member: Georgia
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#8 Post by K9s » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:42 pm

A revolver to fill a niche. 44 Mag or 357. Still trying to decide.
The border between civilization and savagery is porous and patrolled by opportunists. Resist fascism. Vote like your democracy depends on it.

User avatar
lsj74
Chatty
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#9 Post by lsj74 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 pm

Dan Wesson DWX.
This will be my next purchase.
Attachments
19e_DWX-L-1100px.png

User avatar
featureless
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 5081
Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#10 Post by featureless » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:07 pm

lsj74 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 pm
Dan Wesson DWX.
This will be my next purchase.
Fuck. You win!

User avatar
lurker
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 12332
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: spencer, nc.
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#11 Post by lurker » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm

offensivename wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 pm
This is the year I find my good deal on a Trapdoor Springfield.
i think i got a good deal, i paid $600.
creepy stalker dude :yahoo: aka lurch.

wooglin
Been around awhile
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:24 pm
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#12 Post by wooglin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:48 pm

Some kind of a rifle, either lever or pump. LGS has a Henry Big Boy in 357 that is tempting, and also a few flavors of Remington 7600s. Fortunately I’m still tapped out from the holidays or one would probably have followed me home already.

bajajoaquin
Been around awhile
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#13 Post by bajajoaquin » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:52 pm

The scarecrow theme is going through my head, “if i only had a plan....”

The Ruger 44 was one. I need a 629 to match and a 10/22 International to match the Mannlicher stocked carbine I didn’t buy. And an M1A. Perhaps Henry single shots in .223 and .308.

I’ll start looking for pics and get back to you

Edited to add:

Remember this? Yeah, I’m on my way to changing $400 at Bud’s to several times that in gunbroker. I truly am not smart.
bajajoaquin wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm
In fact, that might be the rifle that gets me to break my "no new calibers" rule. The discussion about spending $400 at Bud's got me thinking that maybe I didn't want to spend $400 at Bud's. Instead, what I really wanted was a 629 in 5" barrel. Not only is it what I really want (rather than a .357) but it would mean I could get the Ruger .44 and only add one caliber! In other words, rather than spending $400 on something as an impulse, I've almost talked myself into a protracted search to spend 4x-5x that on a rifle and handgun combo.

I'm really not very bright.

That's all. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, deliriously right, or about something else you have a hard time resisting.
And here’s a 10/22 International.
Attachments
C267BEDE-52FC-488A-98CC-0A6D85B229DC.jpeg
C267BEDE-52FC-488A-98CC-0A6D85B229DC.jpeg (9.31 KiB) Viewed 308 times

User avatar
kronkmusic
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:34 pm
Location: South Florida
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#14 Post by kronkmusic » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 pm

featureless wrote:
lsj74 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 pm
Dan Wesson DWX.
This will be my next purchase.
Fuck. You win!
Yes. Yes he does. These things look so awesome. If they run reliably (which they will), they'll soon be the new competition standard.

User avatar
lsj74
Chatty
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:52 pm
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#15 Post by lsj74 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 pm

kronkmusic wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 pm
featureless wrote:
lsj74 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:47 pm
Dan Wesson DWX.
This will be my next purchase.
Fuck. You win!
Yes. Yes he does. These things look so awesome. If they run reliably (which they will), they'll soon be the new competition standard.
I don't have it yet.
I have about half the funds for it and we'll see how long it will take to get one when the time comes.... but it's going to be my next purchase.

User avatar
ChipGribble
Helpful Contributor
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 pm
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#16 Post by ChipGribble » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Even though I'm only just about to put some rounds through my first handgun this Friday, I'm already looking at a S&W Chief's Special 36 for this Christmas.
Image

However, it's got a pretty hefty pricetag of about $750+ ($680 at the lowest, I've found), and for that money (actually, even less) I could get a Mossberg 500 Retrograde and start my foray into shotguns. I was looking at the 590A1 but thanks to Hickock45's video this morning showing it off, there's absolutely no stock left in my area.
"See, chess doesn't prepare you for this. You can't say that a rook and three pawns flanked your knight but he laid down suppressing fire and punched through them anyway. You get disqualified if you try that."

User avatar
tonguengroover
Been around awhile
Posts: 485
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:46 pm
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#17 Post by tonguengroover » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:56 pm

bajajoaquin wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:52 pm
The scarecrow theme is going through my head, “if i only had a plan....”

The Ruger 44 was one. I need a 629 to match and a 10/22 International to match the Mannlicher stocked carbine I didn’t buy. And an M1A. Perhaps Henry single shots in .223 and .308.

I’ll start looking for pics and get back to you

Edited to add:

Remember this? Yeah, I’m on my way to changing $400 at Bud’s to several times that in gunbroker. I truly am not smart.
bajajoaquin wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:09 pm
In fact, that might be the rifle that gets me to break my "no new calibers" rule. The discussion about spending $400 at Bud's got me thinking that maybe I didn't want to spend $400 at Bud's. Instead, what I really wanted was a 629 in 5" barrel. Not only is it what I really want (rather than a .357) but it would mean I could get the Ruger .44 and only add one caliber! In other words, rather than spending $400 on something as an impulse, I've almost talked myself into a protracted search to spend 4x-5x that on a rifle and handgun combo.

I'm really not very bright.

That's all. Please feel free to tell me I'm wrong, deliriously right, or about something else you have a hard time resisting.
And here’s a 10/22 International.
Yeah, couldn't find one when I bought my all weather stainless. It would compliment my Husqvarna very well.
Attachments
Huskie 03.jpg
Buy the ticket; take the ride

bajajoaquin
Been around awhile
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#18 Post by bajajoaquin » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Would you take it the wrong way if I said I hate you?

User avatar
ThereAreDozensOfUs
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:06 pm
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#19 Post by ThereAreDozensOfUs » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:48 pm

wooglin wrote:Some kind of a rifle, either lever or pump. LGS has a Henry Big Boy in 357 that is tempting, and also a few flavors of Remington 7600s. Fortunately I’m still tapped out from the holidays or one would probably have followed me home already.
I've started looking at lever guns, and I'm about to pull the trigger on that Henry 357 steel version. One more check needs to clear and it's ordered.

Edit to add a pic:
Image
H012M-Big-Boy-Steel.357Mag-alt-min-scaled.jpg
Last edited by ThereAreDozensOfUs on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
MayhemVI
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#20 Post by MayhemVI » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:27 pm

Image

I'm starting to consider a Ruger Wrangler a must for sometime this year.
If liberals interpreted the Second Amendment the way they interpret the rest of the Bill of Rights, there would be law professors arguing that gun ownership is mandatory. - Mickey Kaus, The New Republic

bajajoaquin
Been around awhile
Posts: 386
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Contact:

Re: PLANNED adds to the safe for 2020

#21 Post by bajajoaquin » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:47 pm

Thanks to Lurker, I’ll now be adding a Henry 45-70 single shot to the safe this year!
80785406-372C-4D7E-B547-9AF2270DA1D1.jpeg
Thanks!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest