pellet traps?

Ok, I'm going absolutely nuts not firing my airguns. I'm gonna swallow my pride and shoot in the basement (I think it's around 12 meters or so). Any suggestions for good pellet traps? Pointers from you guys who already do it indoors?
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

pellet traps?

Don't get the gammo one I destroyed it in a day. I shoot into a 3 inch oak cross section.
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Re: pellet traps?

I shot the Talon in the basement today. I used a wooden shelf off of an old stereo stand. I shot enough to figure out where my pellets impact in the scope at 10 yards. And only enough to do that because I was totally destroying the wood.

I'll be getting a trap shortly. As soon as the wood goes away. I think I've made a breakthough in my therapy!
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

I built my own out of an electrical box and electrical duct seal (all from Home Depot). Total cost about $30. Mine is similar to this one:

http://www.californiapredatorsclub.com/ ... topic=8103

Except my box is close enough to 8 1/2 x 11 that I just threw the lid away.

Very quiet and all the pellets get trapped without releasing any lead dust. It is heavy as hell though, but it would easily stop a .22 pellet from an air rifle. None of my .177 pellets have gone in more than a quarter inch.

Works great with my Beretta Storm pellet pistol!

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

senorgrand wrote:I built my own out of an electrical box and electrical duct seal (all from Home Depot). Total cost about $30. Mine is similar to this one:

Very quiet and all the pellets get trapped without releasing any lead dust. It is heavy as hell though, but it would easily stop a .22 pellet from an air rifle. None of my .177 pellets have gone in more than a quarter inch.

I use a,gammo trap inside a old crosman trap. I like the way i can mount targets. But, i will do the electrical box trap this week.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

I bought a pellet trap that lasted a couple months. After I tore that one up I went to the junkyard and bought some scrap 3/8" plate and built one. I just used welding rod for a hanger to put a towel on it so the pellets cannot bounce out. I get the bundles of white towels at dollar general to hang in it. Each towel lasts about 500 rounds.

I built one of the duct seal traps for my pellet pistol. The pellets penetrate the depth of the pellet and stop.

I'm pretty sure it would stop a .22LR.

Works great in my basement.
-+-+-+-+
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space. Everything else is just opinion." -Democritus 
-+-+-+-+-
Come check out my custom 1911 grips and other wooden items at my Etsy store.

Just made mine this evening. Got a Murray box at Home Despot for $23. the opening is maybe 20% bigger than an 8x10 piece of paper. Used four sticks of electrical putty (could have used less if I had a trowel handy to apply it). Bent the top 1/4 inch of an 8x10 sheet with four reduced bulls of 10 meter pistol and affixed it with kitchen magnets of Che and Mao. Fired twelve rounds. Total silence at the trap. Should be interesting to see how long it takes before the putty needs replacing.

senorgrand wrote:I built my own out of an electrical box and electrical duct seal (all from Home Depot). Total cost about $30. Mine is similar to this one:

FWIW- that electric box and duct seal stuff is awesome. Thanks for the recommendation! Just built my trap last week and it's been perfect- I've put a half a tin into it and there's no noise from the trap at all. Cheap and effective, just the way I like it!
“Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
- Maya Angelou