Air Rifle Suggestions

Well, if shit doesn't get too real these next few months, I've been thinking I'd like to get an air rifle. If would be about half the cost of a 22 and I could shoot in my side yard...if the damn thing is quiet.

I was looking at the Gamo Bonecollector .22 repeating rifle. Got a nice wood stock.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PG5544X/?c ... _lig_dp_it

Any thoughts on this guy? I'd love to window-shop some guns while I'm stuck in quarantine...ones that could ship to my house. ;)

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

Re: Air Rifle Suggestions

Been thinking about this too, it would be nice to get in some marksmanship work while couped up at home. Neighbors won't give a damn as long as I don't hit any of their pets, so I'm not worried about that. I used to love shooting my air rifle as a kid, had an old Powermaster pump rifle when we lived out on an acre of land and had several acres of woods right next door. Those days are long gone but oh well.

Inquisitor wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 pm Gamo makes one with an integrated suppressor, I think its called the whisper.
I have a Gamo Whisper, it's louder than my Marlin Model 39 firing CCI CB 22longs. Whisper can't do follow up shots and isn't nearly as accurate. I've had the 39 since I was 11 and making shots nearly automatic. I know nothing about either of my airguns except that I must be doing something wrong. Other than legal issues I see no reason for airguns. YT check the legality of the integrated suppressor on the Whisper in NJ.
I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEHIND IT

lurker wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:25 pm i gave away my '70s vintage break-barrel romanian pioner to a 10-yr old kid two weeks ago.
Dude: that totally rocked.

re; sounds from air rifles: if the velocity breaks the sound barrier, you're gonna get that crack. I have a Game break action no suppressor, and it's very accurate.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

.22 is better all around. Look at FPE, not FPS. A .22 pellet at 800fps is subsonic but packs a wallop. If you go spring piston you need learn the "Artillery Hold" or you will never shoot it accurately. Buy a variety of pellets and see which it likes. I have found almost everything likes Beeman or H&N Kodiaks. The gas spring Benjamin Nitros are really good for the money. Almost any spring piston gun can be improved with a CharlieDaTuna Trigger.

You will never regret this. It is a great way to keep your skills up in your back yard.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin ... /2052#4170
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

I do not own it but i have a friend who does. It is indeed quiet. The pellet hitting the target is usually louder than the rifle. I have a Benjamin Marauder PCP .25. It is super quiet. The hammer hitting the valve is louder than the report.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Yes, I have used it to kill things and eaten them. I have also used it to eradicate raccoons from my neighborhood. Maybe there are still a few around but they were brazen when I first moved in.

-John Cleese