Wing Shot

I acquired this as a gift for a friend. It's an Air Venturi "Wing Shot" pcp air powered shot gun. It also is a smooth bore slug thrower in 50 cal. It's amazing. I test fired it a 50cal ball into my air gun pellet trap which is 2 inches thick plumbing putty and I thought it was bullet proof. Clean through and into the bag of potting soil. Patterns a 12 inch group of #8 shot at 20 yards.

Wing Shot

It's loud. Plugs recommended. The slugs are subsonic, but make a noise. Probably just below subsonic 22lr. I will take a decibel meter out. Scuba tank is the recipients problem. Though after messing with it, I want one too...

It's a potent gun. Big ass holes, noise. No recoil. Supposedly take small to medium game without issue.

Also shoots arrows. Which is neat in theory, will find out if it's cool I practice if the recipient gets some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Wing Shot

Nice. I really want one of those. I also want to retire and have enough toys I don't use. Even though technically legal in VA it's not exactly back yard friendly. I'm surprised you shot it at your pellet trap. That's sorta like shooting a .50 muzzle loader at it.
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Scuba tank is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

Mason wrote:Nice. I really want one of those. I also want to retire and have enough toys I don't use. Even though technically legal in VA it's not exactly back yard friendly. I'm surprised you shot it at your pellet trap. That's sorta like shooting a .50 muzzle loader at it.
There was a bag of dirt behind it. I suspected it might have some oomph.

It's loud. The friend is getting it this weekend. Might try to knock some clays out of the sky.

That ia awesome. Never underestimate the power of air. Lewis and Clarke would have never made it without their French , semi auto Air Rifles.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more

"1130 feet per second "

Thats like a smokeless powder shotgun.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
This is just my opinion, yours may vary and is no less valid.
- Me -

"I will never claim to be an expert, and it has been my experience that self proclaimed experts are usually self proclaimed."
-Me-

I must proof read more