Anschutz SuperAir 2002

Here's a few pictures of my new-to-me Anschutz SuperAir 2002 SSP.

I removed the aperture sights and put on the scope as I'll be using this as my air rifle silhouette Target rifle, although I might have to try out the aperture sights for some traditional 10 meter targets at some point.

Allen Corneau

"Internet anonymity is over-rated."

Re: Anschutz SuperAir 2002

Mason wrote:Nice. 12 foot pounds or FAC?
:confused:

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm still relatively new to air rifles so I don't know what "FAC" is and don't know the conversions for foot/pounds.

I believe it's supposed to run somewhere between 550 and 575 feet/second but I don't have a chronograph to verify the speed.
Allen Corneau

I think he means "FireArms Certificate". In more restricted countries, anything that has a muzzle energy of greater than 12 ft/lbs is classified as a firearm.

I don't have any airguns that go over 590fps. Theyre all 10m stuff with velocity that's tuned to the barrel to put pellets through one hole at 10m. Unless there was some sort of powerfactor required to put fieldtarget targets down, that velocity adjustment screw is probably best left to factory tune.

After giving this some thought I must confess you got taken. I'll gladly help you out by taking it off your hands for a hundred bucks and a pink red Ryder. You will be much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

acorneau wrote:If you're really interested in an Anschutz 2002 here's one that popped up for sale just the other day...

http://www.airguns.net/classifieds/show ... rOfPages=6
Ad not there thank 2k still in pocket.

An intellectual is someone that can change their mind after being given enough evidence.

“ I nearly murdered somebody, and it made me realise that you can't face violence with violence. It doesn't work. ”

—Joe Strummer

acorneau wrote:
Paladin wrote: Ad not there thank 2k still in pocket.
Nah, they're in the $600 to $900 range for the SSP like mine and the newer compressed-air version is $1,000 to $1,400.

:beer2:
Muthafuck shouldvnever have went through the classified ads sent three inquiries

—Joe Strummer

shinzen wrote:So have you gotten to shoot it yet?
Yes, a few times and it's great. I have a few minor things to fix/upgrade but it's ridiculously accurate with an imperceptible amount of recoil. You can watch the pellet fly through the air and hit the target.

I have a different scope mount on the way (BKL-254H) because the offset difference in the scope mounting dovetails is causing issues with the scope's adjustments. I'll post another picture once it's remounted.
Allen Corneau

I changed out the individual rings for a BKL-254H (high) cantilevered mount and it's practically the exact same ring spacing as before but without the issue of the lowered front scope dovetail.

I edited this photo to show the clearance of the breech-block lever with the high BKL rings/mount (the rings and the one-piece mount are the same height). Not trying to be artistic, but the contrast of the black-and-white shows the separation of the handle and the mount better than the color version. The BKL high mount/rings are the perfect solution to scope the 2002.

Allen Corneau