New RWS 34 arrives.

My RWS 34 arrived from Midway today. Very beautiful, excellent finish. I'm itching to feel how much force it takes to cock it, and how much noise it makes. Articles on the web give it around 90 decibels. Numbers don't really help me with a real world experience. Is it loud enough for my neighbor to hear in his house if I shoot it in my house? Not really planning to do so, but maybe.
Also, a video on Youtube showed two hunters explaining how to de-cock an RWS 34, yet the owners manual makes no mention of it. The manual says to fire it to unload it. I'd like to start breaking it in, as many have said, it takes some cocking to loosen it up. It might be awhile until I can get to a safe shooting area. Just trying to figure out a way to get more familiar with it while at home.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

Re: New RWS 34 arrives.

Mason wrote:Do you have a garage or basement?
No basement, garage houses 2005 H-D Softail, 1969 Triumph Bonneville and a 1964 Plymouth Fury. No way am I gonna shoot in there! :lol:

I might try layering a couple pieces of 2"x 6" board and muffling with something. Murphy's law says I'll probably hit the flat screen even if I'm in another room, or the picture window.
Bud.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure"---- Dan Quayle, 1990.

Re: New RWS 34 arrives.

90 dB is loud enough that if you're outside and the neighbor is outside they'll hear it. I'd go outside with a board and drive some nails in it randomly until the neighbors get bored trying to figure out what you're doing. Then shoot while nobody's looking. :D
Brian