A rare moment where I come to my senses

Alright, I somehow managed not to order the SMG22 because, well, I don't have a practical use for it (but we wants it, my precious! Yes we do!). With the limited space in my new yard I'm finding my pellet rifle is BOOORING! So I ordered one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Webley-Tempest-Ai ... B00D35PSFG

It sounds a tad underpowered from what I'm used to but again, small range, etc. Got a good price on one new (170 bucks at Airgun Depot). The only rub is the grips are contoured for righty use. I can shoot righty but I'm a southpaw and like to lord it over you Dexters so most likely I'll be sending the grips off to Ultravox so he can cut me a set of wood grips (and then I can paint 'em).

Also, I have lots of .22 pellets laying around that my Talon SS doesn't like so I'll have a pellet disposal system. Gonna be a fun summer of airgunning! :yahoo:

Full review pending as soon as I get my grubby flippers on this thing.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

Re: A rare moment where I come to my senses

Fortunately for the squirrel that likes to sit on my deck and bark at me, chew on my camera cables and just make a mess of things...

items such as the SMG22 you spoke of (which incidentally I made a print of and stuck in a window overlooking said deck with the words "look what awaits your sorry little butt!"...alas it had not the desired effect) and that which you ultimately purchased are not legal to fire outdoors within the city limits of stumptown.

However, even though this is questionable as far as stumptown is concerned...
Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 7.31.03 AM.png
it is also very quiet and of limited range such that the neighbors will never suspect and fortunately for me and my old dog, it is accurate and very, very painful. Mr. Squirrel has a sore butt and now chatters quietly some distance away!
Subliterate Buffooery of the right...
Literate Ignorance of the left...
We Are So Screwed

Hah! Joke's on them.....I was told by Airgun Depot that they couldn't ship me a pellet pistol in Michigan. And then I waved my FFL and said "These aren't the pellet guns you're looking for." and they changed their tune. Odd, but it seems to work.

Seriously, I'm using my FFL to have a pellet gun shipped to me in Michigan. Let that soak in for a bit.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

judgepacker wrote:Hah! Joke's on them.....I was told by Airgun Depot that they couldn't ship me a pellet pistol in Michigan. And then I waved my FFL and said "These aren't the pellet guns you're looking for." and they changed their tune. Odd, but it seems to work.

Seriously, I'm using my FFL to have a pellet gun shipped to me in Michigan. Let that soak in for a bit.
Like an actual 01 FFL or a C&R?

swissdog wrote:
judgepacker wrote:Hah! Joke's on them.....I was told by Airgun Depot that they couldn't ship me a pellet pistol in Michigan. And then I waved my FFL and said "These aren't the pellet guns you're looking for." and they changed their tune. Odd, but it seems to work.

Like an actual 01 FFL or a C&R?

.....aaaaand I got it today. It doesn't work. The sear doesn't lock when I cock the barrel. Sent in for a return authorization.

Otherwise? This is a cool gun! I really like the grip even though it's dedicated righty. May keep it that way (when I get a working replacement).

TheHunterOfSkulls wrote:
A rare moment where I come to my senses
When that happens to me I just lie down for a bit until it passes.
Yeah, I tried that.

Apparently Webley is one of those companies where they insist that all returns come to them directly so I gotta deal with them. Damnit, there's some beer cans in my yard that need a perforating!