Re: I just found a pile of pellets

Moving: we still have boxes in the basement from the move here 21 years ago: those last minute boxes of shit off the last table among the pizza boxes. Some day I'm gonna open one...

Nice, though, you found something interesting.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack

Remember being able to shoot cheaply and whenever the hell you wanted to, do you?

Congrats on a new back yard. I hope this is all by choice, not due to the economy. Ask me if I know about dried up research money. :lol:
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

Mason wrote:Remember being able to shoot cheaply and whenever the hell you wanted to, do you?

Congrats on a new back yard. I hope this is all by choice, not due to the economy. Ask me if I know about dried up research money. :lol:

The truth is, it's a little of both....I made a deal with myself that if I stayed in GR after the teenager graduates from high school I'd get out of the Suburb that we're currently in (East Grand Rapids) because it's like the Stepford Wives around here.

That said, I really like Grand Rapids proper. I'm staying in town.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

My straight shot from the back porch to the back fence? 22 yards (I like to zero at 20). To the furthest corner of the yard? 25 yards.

There's plenty of cover from the sides so that I can shoot unobserved by neighbors.

I'm getting excited for this alone.
I don't like to think of my self as an artist so much as someone who stares at empty spaces and imagines s--t.

judgepacker wrote:My straight shot from the back porch to the back fence? 22 yards (I like to zero at 20). To the furthest corner of the yard? 25 yards.

There's plenty of cover from the sides so that I can shoot unobserved by neighbors.

I'm getting excited for this alone.
Nice!
'Sorry stupid people but there are some definite disadvantages to being stupid."

-John Cleese

An old friend of ours traded in his shotgun for an air rifle because it was much more efficient at culling the rabbits in his garden. With the shotgun, you only get one rabbit because the noise sends all the others straight down the hole. With the air rifle, you only disturb a few of them, leaving other targets.

Chamber's empty, magazine's full, safety's broken.

judgepacker wrote:
CDFingers wrote:
AmirMortal wrote:I hate all of you people with backyard ranges, BTW.
You are ripe for my new sport, hallway archery. ;-)

CDFingers

Is that with one or both eyes closed?
Only the guy with the apple on his head gets to close his eyes.

It's sort of like Calivnball, but with bows and arrows.

CDFingers
Crazy cat peekin' through a lace bandana
like a one-eyed Cheshire, like a diamond-eyed Jack