Re: Shot timer

You could try putting it downrange. If you didn't need to see it during your session, you could actually place it behind the pellet trap.

If you want to decrease your chance of shooting your ipod, get an external mic and clip it to the end of your barrel. The air displaced near the muzzle might be enough to get it to work.

"Person, woman, man, camera, TV."

I use the "IPSC Shot timer" on my android. You can adjust it so that it picks up dry firing clicks. Heck it can be set to Such a sensitive level that drawing from kydex sets it off. Should pick up air pistols, and it is a free app.

I would be surprised if there was not an i-whatever version.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired...

-Washington: Art. I, § 24 (enacted 1889)

Turns out it works fine, as long as the sensitivity is set pretty high. When I first installed it on Monday, I was trying to get it to detect banging a plastic box on the bench in the lab, and that didn't seem to work. Apparently it is designed to select sounds fairly nicely. I got a couple of false positives with the airgun, but only with the sensitivity set at 100%.

Anyway, it confirmed that my "rapid" fire did meet the bullseye rules. My airgun has a pretty long and crappy trigger reset, so shooting really fast is not easy.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.