Considering an air pistol (or two?)

I'd like to get an air pistol to train with in my basement at 7 yards. I know NOTHING about airguns, except that some are pumped, some cocked in one stroke and some run CO2. And that .177" is common, .22" less common, and maybe there are other calibers.

High importance:
-Decent mechanical accuracy (rifled). My goal is to improve my technique, so the gun's errors need to be well under mine. That's not a very high bar, since my best 5 shot groups with a decent iron-sight pistol are at least 4" at 25 yards. (I rarely measure them carefully, so that number is highly suspect.) Competition accuracy not required.
-Good simulation of "hot" gun shooting. (What do air-gunners call powder guns?) My goal here is to improve my loud-gun casual target shooting, not become a great airgunner. So, trigger and sights feel familiar. Replica appearance not required.

Medium importance:
-Repeat fire. I'm not totally committed to having a repeater, but all other things being equal, it would be a plus.
-Price. Inexpensive is always nice. I'd be OK with up to $200 if it's REALLY a great toy, but...I'd rather spend less.
-Convenient to mount an optical sight. It would be good to be able to separate training my iron sight work from my trigger work, but I'm not deeply devoted to the idea.

Slightly lower importance:
-In stock at the local Big5. I *like* paying state and city tax. Somebody's gotta pave the damned streets. :love:

Wildcard: Ideally, I'd like something that is small enough for my small-for-her-age 12-year-old daughter to be able to use. Maybe lumping this in with all the above is a bad idea? The floor is open for suggestions of a separate little gun for her if that is appropriate.
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: Considering an air pistol (or two?)

I ended up getting a Crosman 1088 for my daughter. And a Crosman 357 for me. And a Beeman RS1 for me! (The only long gun I have now.)

The 357 is not bad. The trigger is a bit heavy, but has a decent break in SA. The Beeman is weird: there is no break, it just glides back smoothly (like a tripod's fluid head) and goes off at some point. My impression of the 1088 is here:

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3 ... 37&t=20245
IMR4227: Zero to 900 in 0.001 seconds

I'm only killing paper and my self-esteem.

Re: Considering an air pistol (or two?)

I'd spend a bit more and get an entry level 10 meter pistol. I have the Izzy 64. Pure Soviet/Russian agricultural industrial. You could win any match with it. It's indestructible and completely rebuildable .

There is also the Alfa Proj that Air Arms distributes. Lovely weight and feel. I had one that developed a regulator problem. I returned it to Pyramidair and bought Feinwerkbau P-11 Piccolo. Fantastic pistol, but light without added weights.. The rods and weights used on the FWB P-44 work on the P-11.

If you really want to stay at $200, your best choice is the Avanti. I finished second by three points last year in a Canadian postal match to a guy who used one. We both shot in the 340s in a 40 shot match.

Have fun!
Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2