Slow TV

We’ve discovered Slow TV. It’s mesmerizing to watch, unedited, hours and hours of footage of a 500km Norwegian train journey or a boat trip through the Telemark Canal. We watched one that was a train ride down the length of Norway, stopping at little rail depots along the way. Now we’re part way through a virtual trip on a restored historic steamer making its way up the Telemark Canal. Those crazy Norwegians have a TV Chanel that just carries these multi-hour programs with no plots, drama, or commercials. Having a rough day? Slow TV, baby! (If you like car chases this ain’t for you.)

There are several of them available on Netflix.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultu ... nt/slow-tv
https://www.lifeinnorway.net/norway-slow-tv/

Re: Slow TV

Who has time? Unless you are waiting for an appointment or in a line somewhere... that could be cool
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

HuckleberryFun wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 pm
K9s wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 pm Who has time? Unless you are waiting for an appointment or in a line somewhere... that could be cool
“Who has time?”
That’s why we need Slow...
I will enjoy Slow when I retire. Maybe. :)
It is an unfortunate human failing that a full pocketbook often groans more loudly than an empty stomach.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

K9s wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:31 pm
HuckleberryFun wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 pm
K9s wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 pm Who has time? Unless you are waiting for an appointment or in a line somewhere... that could be cool
“Who has time?”
That’s why we need Slow...
I will enjoy Slow when I retire. Maybe. :)
Awww! You think you’ll have lots of free time when you retire. How adorable!
(I know retired people. I know better...)

I always hoped that they would have to drag me kicking and screaming into retirement. Given my family history, I probably won't make it to retirement. Father and grandfather didn't live long enough to retire. I have no idea what to expect.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

retirement is not bad. one less group of people telling you how to spend your time. occasionally you have to decide how to spend your day, though most of the time, there are still plenty of people to do that. i've found that the women in your life are very good at this.
i'm retired. what's your excuse?

lurker wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm retirement is not bad. one less group of people telling you how to spend your time. occasionally you have to decide how to spend your day, though most of the time, there are still plenty of people to do that. i've found that the women in your life are very good at this.
:roflmao:

And dogs. Dogs have a way.

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

oh, one really big benefit of retirement. if you're done with your household chores, you can go to the range during the week. the range i use is very often completely empty on weekdays.

lurker wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:48 am oh, one really big benefit of retirement. if you're done with your household chores, you can go to the range during the week. the range i use is very often completely empty on weekdays.
Bonus!

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

yes, it's actually really nice. i'm on a first-name basis with the rangemaster, we've shot each other's guns. when my annual pass came up for renewal, he said not to bother, that he would never check my pass. i re-upped anyway, because it's the right thing to do. this last time, he held a bench open for me.

I'll look for Slow TV, I'll probably be surfing the net while I'm watching. Norway does have magnificent scenery, It's a little larger than Montana but Montana doesn't have that long coast line with fjords. Some days I miss my job but then I think of the long endless meetings and I'm happy where I am.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan