Re: Godless

AKmando55 wrote:Anyone watching this western series on Netflix? Are the firearms period authentic? They appear so to my untrained eye. I am glad to see westerns making a comeback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
PS - except for the O/U shotgun depicted in the opening credits. My research indicates J. Browning introduced them in the 1930s.

AKmando55 wrote:
AKmando55 wrote:Anyone watching this western series on Netflix? Are the firearms period authentic? They appear so to my untrained eye. I am glad to see westerns making a comeback!

PS - except for the O/U shotgun depicted in the opening credits. My research indicates J. Browning introduced them in the 1930s.

And, in "The Rifleman", Chuck Connors wielded a rifle that wouldn't be developed till about 20 years later!
"Even if the bee could explain to the fly why pollen is better than shit, the fly could never understand."

Wild inaccuracies in the title sequence. I don't remember any shining examples from the show itself, except for the near total lack of earlier technologies which would have been prevalent if not dominant in a setting like this.

It is a great series, I've watched a couple of times while recovering from the flu.
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty.-Henry Clay
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms.—Aristotle

Marlene wrote:Wild inaccuracies in the title sequence. I don't remember any shining examples from the show itself, except for the near total lack of earlier technologies which would have been prevalent if not dominant in a setting like this.
Good point...